Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to disbelieve my new due date? (frivolous post, but I'm bugging myself!!)

(17 Posts)
littlemonkeybix Wed 14-Sep-11 16:12:33

On paper, by the GP and at my booking appointment, I was given the dates of Feb 25th and Feb 27th. After my 12 week scan it was moved to March 5th.... which for some reason I am completely ignoring, and sticking with the Feb dates. I seem to have a total mental block to the idea that I may actually have a March birth!!

Am I being unreasonable to let myself get carried away with the idea that I am having a Feb baby, and that's that?!!

Paschaelina Wed 14-Sep-11 16:16:10

Nothing wrong with March 5th for a birthday. smile

Anyway I am going to lay good odds now on your baby arriving Feb 29th instead as its a leap year wink

Lizcat Wed 14-Sep-11 16:23:52

Of course the most likely thing is that the baby won't pay any attention to any of these dates and will just do what it pleases.

littlemonkeybix Wed 14-Sep-11 16:33:37

The baby is definitely going to do it's own thing... and I fully realise that smile but 1) I am still telling people the Feb date and 2) I am so pinning my hopes on Feb 29th grin

Feel free to get a sweep going wink

Sweep two can be for weight.... I was 9lb, as was my brother.... and my partner.... eek!

eurochick Wed 14-Sep-11 16:36:26

Bad idea to tell people it will be earlier than the drs expect it. Think of all those extra days of "have you had it yet?" texts. Tell then you actually meant 27 March.

Poogles Wed 14-Sep-11 16:37:37

For DS1 I was given 4th April, then 14th April & he arrived on 19th April! I convinced myself that the 4th was the correct date as I was huge. Head engaged a couple of weeks before 4th April so I really thought I would go before the 4th. Each day after was a nightmare and seemed to last forever. I would plan to have everything ready for Feb but get your head around March so it doesn't feel like such a long slog at the end!

zazizoma Wed 14-Sep-11 16:38:24

Hi, I was convinced that my due date was early December for dd, despite dating scan giving me a date of late December (a three week difference.) I insisted that the actual date cut the difference, which led me to a situation where I was pressured to have an induction (actually had one scheduled) when I shot past 'my' due date and dd ended up arriving very close to dating scan date. The dating scan date should be confirmed at your twenty week scan, and I'd recommend that you go with that one so that you don't get into the trouble I got into with going 'overdue'. Good Luck!

banana87 Wed 14-Sep-11 16:41:21

For this baby I was given 3 different dates. No idea which one she will come on, hopefully earlier than all of them smile

In any case, it's only a 6 day difference for you, and as others have said, baby will come when it wants to smile

Catsmamma Wed 14-Sep-11 16:42:16

dd was due anytime from mid october to bonfire night, everyone I saw throughout that pregnancy scribbled out the due date and changed it to something else.

breatheslowly Wed 14-Sep-11 18:41:47

Even if it is 27th Feb aren't you more likely to have a March than Feb baby? I think more babies are born after their due date than before.

youarekidding Wed 14-Sep-11 19:02:05

Just for a giggle. My cousin got given mid Dec (15th ), moved to xmas day at 16weeks, then at 20wk scan (was 20+3) was given 8th.

Her DD was born 3 weeks and 2 days later.
Babies really do come when they want.

NinkyNonker Wed 14-Sep-11 19:04:43

I knew almost to the day that dd was conceived, yet the scan dates put me 10 days further along. Guess when dd appeared?! Of course by then I was 10 days overdue technically so there were mutterings about induction.

Of course my friend conceived through ivf so knew to the minute she conceived. The was still over ridden by the scan though!

EssexGurl Wed 14-Sep-11 19:08:14

DD was due 3 May by LMP and GP confirmation. 12 week scan gave 27 April. Midwife said we had to use that for all paperwork, MATB-1 etc. I was like you, did not feel it would be an April baby. DD was born 2 May. I knew she was a May baby and I was right. As others have said, babies come when they want but you will probably be right!

mummymccar Wed 14-Sep-11 19:28:44

I'm on my third due date too. I'm just ignoring them all and going with a date I like wink

CoffeeDog Wed 14-Sep-11 19:46:16

I had twins and a planed c-section (uncoperative buggers) - consultant fliped out her diary and said when do you want them ??? picked the first day of the month... allthough at the end was soooo wishing i picked the earliest date she offered.

DD1 was a cow through 11 days past her 'due date' and i was in labour for my birthday -I sure as hell wasnt sharing that with another person as well (i am a twin) and hung on untill just after midnite ;)

littlemonkeybix Thu 15-Sep-11 10:54:29

hahaha - thanks for all of your responses guys!

I'm waiting for my 2week scan now... see what they say.. but for now, I shall remain in the February camp whilst keeping my eye on the March one grin

spoke to my community MW yest and she said "oh just go with the march date for paperwork, and see what happens".... that'll do for me

coffee I whole heartedly agree!! DP's family have tons of shared birthdays, and my mum was Xmas eve, and her dad valentines day, all shared things! I want an individual day for this pip please!! smile

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Thu 15-Sep-11 12:34:20

My original date was 21st moved to 27th after 12 week scan. He arrived 19th. Unpredictable buggers these unborns. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now