Talk

Advanced search

Why would he do this?

(29 Posts)
DeepPurple Wed 14-Sep-11 13:02:02

DH is working from home today in his upstairs office.
I've just put DD down for her nap.
I thought I'd use my Wii fit for a bit whilst DD is fast asleep. It's my attempt at fitting in a bit of exercise during the day.
I turned the Wii on and it told me it needed new batteries. I went to DH's office to get some and found in his cupboard a box labelled "batteries". Inside this box were three battery charges and two boxes labelled "charged" and "uncharged". The charged box contained nothing. The uncharged box contained 24 AA batteries - all dead.
I asked DH why on earth he would stick all of the batteries in a box labelled uncharged rather than charging the bloody things. He replied he would charge them when he needs them and that this is his new tidy system.

I now have to wait a few hours before I will have some charged batteries.

DH thinks I'm being unreasonable when "suggesting" to him he should keep at least some batteries charged!

Moron.

DeepPurple Wed 14-Sep-11 13:03:59

Would it be unreasonable of me to remove the batteries from his PS3 and Xbox controllers and stick them in the uncharged box? Let him see how it feels to wait hours to use something. grin

Gay40 Wed 14-Sep-11 13:04:45

This made me laugh - it sounds like a daily conversation we have

squeakytoy Wed 14-Sep-11 13:05:16

Surely you have some batteries in something that you are not using that you can remove until the other batteries are charged. smile

AgentZigzag Wed 14-Sep-11 13:06:11

I'm very impressed at your DHs attempt at being organised, even if he fell at the first fence grin

I can't think of even one reason why your suggestion to keep some charged is unreasonable, unless he's pissed at you being right? wink

Put them in the charger when you change them, sling them in the box, it's not rocket science.

TheEarlOfDoncaster1963 Wed 14-Sep-11 13:06:19

I would take the batteries out of something else. And I'm impressed that you have 24 rechargable batteries... we have about six, most of which I can never find when I need them.

YABU - he is being a moron.sd

worraliberty Wed 14-Sep-11 13:06:29

Take them from the TV remote and forget to tell him this evening wink

soverylucky Wed 14-Sep-11 13:07:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VelvetSnow Wed 14-Sep-11 13:07:18

wow, he keeps a box of batteries and within that box are another two boxes marked charged and uncharged

<bows down to organisation>

VelvetSnow Wed 14-Sep-11 13:08:49

oh, and I'm sure there is a topic for battery related threads.... grin

booyhoo Wed 14-Sep-11 13:11:54

tell yourDH thank you for me please. ihad neve thought of keeping charged nd uncharged batteiries in separate labelled boxes. this will save me trying every single battery in the house bfore finding 2 that are charged.<dimwit emoticon>

AurraSing Wed 14-Sep-11 13:14:25

I think you are BU to criticise him. He has a system that might, one day, work.

We have a kitchen drawer that has a bewildering number of batteries, some charged, some not. It's a lucky dip to get anything to work here.

purpleflower123 Wed 14-Sep-11 13:17:17

My DH also has 2 boxes for charged and uncharged, they aren't labelled though and are normally empty. I can never find any when I need them and we have lots and lots, there's no way we could be using them all at the same time.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 14-Sep-11 13:17:25

Not only to we have a system for charged and not charged but we have a box with dead batteries in it grin.

DeepPurple Wed 14-Sep-11 13:18:51

Ah yes he is very organised. The tv remote is one of those with the built in rechargeable battery so I can't borrow from that. There is one battery in the living room clock but I need four.

There are millions in various toys but they are in dd's room where she is sleeping.

I would have charged them if I'd known he had this new system angry I always stick dead batteries back on charge when I change them. Lord knows what he's done with them! grin

booyhoo Wed 14-Sep-11 13:19:18

why TOF? confused

grovel Wed 14-Sep-11 13:19:29

Charging batteries is boring. Your DH has got more important and interesting things to be getting on with?

Oakmaiden Wed 14-Sep-11 13:23:38

Charging batteries isn't boring. It is just a matter of slinging them in the charger and going off to do whatever you want. It ios not like you have to watch them to make sure they are charging properly - or wind up the charger while it works. Now THAT would be boring!...

TheOriginalFAB Wed 14-Sep-11 13:43:14

booyhoo because you are not meant to put batteries in the bun and they can be recycled.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 14-Sep-11 13:43:46

Nor are you meant to put them in the bin.

skintnow Wed 14-Sep-11 14:26:40

all batteries found by ds get taken to the recyle tube at school whether they are dead or not..

MumblingRagDoll Wed 14-Sep-11 14:31:02

Keep control of the batteries yourself! Why are they all in his office? It's just as moronic to expect them to be ready to go if you're not going to contribute to their upkeep!

aldiwhore Wed 14-Sep-11 14:34:32

I have my own stash of batteries, problem solved! I also have 2 chargers, because Wii controllers don't last long either, we play a lot of family games so need to keep all four topped up. I try and use recyclable one in the things that always need changing.

DH uses a lot of batteries in the course of his work, so I don't tend to touch them, as it would be a lot worse for him if he arrived for a day's work to find i'd raided his stash.

RogerMelly Wed 14-Sep-11 14:36:44

i love this thread, it helps me feel normal. I also have a kitchen drawer with crap in with a an assortment of batteries that don't work and should have binned years ago

booyhoo Wed 14-Sep-11 17:19:48

inspired by this thread i went and bought loads of some plastic containers today. i already have a label maker. guess what I'll be doing tonight? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now