Talk

Advanced search

. . . to think this woman is a candidate for piss-taker of the year?

(44 Posts)
Andrewofgg Wed 14-Sep-11 11:42:16

My home is a first-floor maisonette. Both floors have a front door on the same road; my drive is onto the same road but Downstairs’s drive (I will call her D) is onto the road round the corner. It is possible if you don’t know otherwise to think my drive belongs to D. It is relevant that D is a social worker. Also that we are at the bottom of a steepish hill.

Yesterday evening there was very little free parking in the road – I think a neighbour was holding a party. A car parked blocking my drive and a woman (“C”) got out whom I have seen before; she is D’s colleague and friend. She is also very obese. No BB, I looked, and of course even with a BB you cannot do that. Given the work they both do, if she had any possible claim to a BB she would have been able to get one.

I saw her going into the other flat and was a bit miffed that D did not point out that the drive she had blocked was somebody else’s but what the hell, I knew where she was and we were about to have dinner.

But after dinner she was still there and I rang D’s door and said I needed to go out to the supermarket. She called C who reversed into a position where she was blocking somebody else’s drive and I left.

When I got back fifteen minutes later she had again blocked my drive! I pulled up where I could and rang D and out comes C to reverse again. And when I parked on the drive back she went! So I spoke to her. “Could I stay here for a bit?” “No, I’m expecting a guest who will park behind my car”. “I won’t be long”. “No, my guest could arrive at any moment. The nearest free spaces are up there” – and I pointed out the way, 150 yards or so.

Well: she moved across the road. Onto a bus-stop.

How is that for sheer bloody nerve? I know why she did it; she did not fancy the slog back to her car up the hill. But having used the word obese AIBU to add the words lazy slob after it?

WorzselMummage Wed 14-Sep-11 11:46:22

She probably wonders why she's so fat.

Crosshair Wed 14-Sep-11 11:47:36

I think you should tell F about this.

curbyburr Wed 14-Sep-11 11:49:03

It seems she brought the storm and you provided the teacup...dovetailed nicely imo

worraliberty Wed 14-Sep-11 11:50:55

So she's an obese lazy slob as opposed to a thin lazy slob?

Either way she's a lazy cow by the sound of her...but then again, I find so many car drivers are lazy and would have a shit fit rather than park a few minutes walk from wherever they're visiting.

Worzsel - that's a stupid thing to say. I bet she knows full well why she's obese - but it's not an easy thing to tackle, as I well know.

That said, despite being obese (and fully aware of it) I wouldn't park across someone's drive or at a bus stop, in order not to have to walk 150m to my destination.

filibear Wed 14-Sep-11 11:55:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gissabreak Wed 14-Sep-11 11:57:50

Message withdrawn

EightiesChick Wed 14-Sep-11 11:58:49

Not really piss taker of the year, but she shouldn't have blocked a drive. No excuse for that unless it's some kind of immediate emergency requiring you to park up.

ChaoticAngeloftheUnderworld Wed 14-Sep-11 11:59:23

She's lazy. Being obese has nothing to do with it hmm

cornflowers Wed 14-Sep-11 12:01:46

Still not sure how D being a social worker is relevant?

worraliberty Wed 14-Sep-11 12:09:32

I think A & B will be gutted to find they never made it into this story....

MarginallyNarkyPuffin Wed 14-Sep-11 12:09:40

So C has no BB and was visiting D and parked for Easy access. Does that make F you?

Crosshair Wed 14-Sep-11 12:11:43

I thought Andrewofgg was A?

MarginallyNarkyPuffin Wed 14-Sep-11 12:16:09

No. There was 'A car'

DandyLioness Wed 14-Sep-11 12:17:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pootles2010 Wed 14-Sep-11 12:18:43

B made it in twice worra pay attention please.

Andrewofgg Wed 14-Sep-11 12:20:38

Relevance of social worker is that she knows who is entitled to a BB and how to apply for one if she is.

Gissabreak Wed 14-Sep-11 12:21:38

Message withdrawn

Gissabreak Wed 14-Sep-11 12:25:22

Message withdrawn

Proudnscary Wed 14-Sep-11 12:25:40

Ooh it's like a Dr Seuss book!

Andrewofgg Wed 14-Sep-11 12:27:17

No, I am not satirising. Point of obesity is that that why she did not want to walk back to her car.

When I want to satirise, Gissa, you'll know I am satirising! smile

Gissabreak Wed 14-Sep-11 12:31:06

Message withdrawn

HairyGrotter Wed 14-Sep-11 12:32:03

I'm confused, ABC is not, as detailed in the famous song, as easy as 123

PeneloPeePitstop Wed 14-Sep-11 12:33:05

Thing is even with a BB her parking is illegal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now