Talk

Advanced search

Sorry MNHQ - a cry for help and link to another thread.

(7 Posts)
CompleteMug Wed 14-Sep-11 11:17:38

Please if you have any Money Matters experience, or unlike in my case, a hefty dose of calm and common sense, will you please please look at this. I'm in such a mess and need to sort it asap.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/1300105-Help-me-please-Ive-been-conned-PPI-claim-back

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 14-Sep-11 11:26:16

Can you ring the company to cancel, OP? You should have a 'cooling off' period? Tell them that if they don't cancel, you will take it further.

If that doesn't work, ring the council's Trading Standards Department and get some advice there, also ask about the ombudsman for these financial services;

Then get in touch with the ombudsman.

CompleteMug Wed 14-Sep-11 11:39:38

Thanks *LyingWitch.. I appreciate your help.
Am going to ring this morning.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 14-Sep-11 12:11:58

Consumer Direct are effectively Trading Standards.

Visit www.consumerdirect.gov.uk and call the Helpline for further advice.

Send any correspondence necessary using recorded delivery - keep the receipt in a safe place.

As any address given may simply be the registered or accomodation address for the company, it's likely that you'll be throwing good money after bad if you spend on petrol/fares to pay them a visit.

In future always do your homework and check reviews before you make any 'considered' purchases on the net or elsewhere - and ask here before making payment.

southmum Wed 14-Sep-11 12:17:37

You may be able to stop the payment going through on the credit card, its worth ringing them up to ask for advice - afterall they offer protection if you purchase goods that dont arrive etc so should be able to help here?

.....infact ive just read something about you being able to claim it back from the cc company under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974

TBH though Id just ring the company back and give them shit until they cancel the transaction. Get angry OP!!!

CompleteMug Thu 15-Sep-11 11:32:29

Thank you Southmum. I am getting angry and your post helped. Chasing them now for my refund.

Wish me luck.

southmum Thu 15-Sep-11 11:59:41

Good luck OP, Im sure you'll get it back. They do look like a legit company they are just obviously very very shit and hope that people will give up if they realise they may have made a mistake.

Fuckers angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now