Talk

Advanced search

to be slightly annoyed that someone's nicked me username?

(354 Posts)
NationalTruss Wed 14-Sep-11 00:14:59

Hee hee, I thought, as I called myself NationalTruss.

Now I see that someone else has had the same witty thought, except she's The National Truss.

Ooh, the sheer brass neck.

AIBU?

madhattershouse Wed 14-Sep-11 00:19:23

My mum joined Gransnet in the first couple of days with a user name that was exactly the same as someone who got in there first, but with a capitol letter. She does not want to change, now we know there is another, coz it's a name she really wanted. A bugger isn't it! YABU..though, they did beat you too it!

madhattershouse Wed 14-Sep-11 00:20:09

But grin @ NationalTruss anyway!

scottishmummy Wed 14-Sep-11 00:22:45

hehe,brass neck i love that expression
joy to read it,and say it

Proudnscary Wed 14-Sep-11 00:23:02

There is a Proudfoot on here and I'm positive I have been around a lot longer - does that count?

I love some of the names on here, I wish I had been more inventive and less spontaneous when I started.

Groovee Wed 14-Sep-11 07:09:04

Some barsteward on twitter pinched my user name. Then when I googled him he'd pinched my name in quite a few places and was moaning that he'd been clever in thinking the name up and some girl had stolen it. But someone who googled said mine went back to 2000 and his went back to 2006 so they reckoned I had the claim grin

mumatron Wed 14-Sep-11 07:14:37

I've had this name for a few years now and have revently noticed a few other 'trons'

Hopefully they are nice posters and nobody gets us mixed up.

Love national truss btw.

RustyBear Wed 14-Sep-11 07:23:01

There's a whole sleuth of Bears on here. I like it. Maybe we ought to have our own thread, like the wolefs.

I did use the name AttilaTheMum for a while and loved the compliments I got. But I changed back after getting a CAT pm from someone who'd meant to contact AttilaTheMeerkat. Now there's another one, spelt slightly differently - I think she's AtillaTheMum, and I wonder if anyone ever thinks she's the same one.

Thumbwitch Wed 14-Sep-11 07:28:03

i didn't know you were attilathemum, Rusty! And yes, I did think the more recent incarnation of that name was the same one. And have got it confused with AttilatheMeerkat; but the posting style is very different, thankfully!

RustyBear Wed 14-Sep-11 07:50:26

I was only Attila for about three months in the summer of 2007, though I did make a couple of brief reappearances, one about two years ago, in defence of names with 'Mum' in, and in January this year, when I first spotted the new Atilla, just to establish it wasn't me.

2blessed2bstressed Wed 14-Sep-11 08:53:59

My name's a bit rubbish, and its meant to be ironic - but I didn't really think that through, because how would anyone else get that? There was another spelt tooblessed for a while, but I haven seen her posting on anything recently. We used to wave at each other....maybe she's namechanged.

Jdore Wed 14-Sep-11 09:21:15

I had to name change when someone nicked mine... I loved my name sad !

NationalTruss Wed 14-Sep-11 19:22:43

Ackcherly I had it first. But still, there are more important things in life. So let me declare that I Am Being Unreasonable.

Is this a first?

FabbyChic Wed 14-Sep-11 19:24:10

People do it all the time, shows total lack of imagination when someone copies your name.

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 14-Sep-11 19:29:22

I've noticed a couple of ferrets about lately. Wouldnt say they were copying me though they just happen to have ferret in their name I just usually say a cheery hello. Now if someone came on here and was called TheAmazingBouncingFerret then I wouldnt be amused! grin

GetAwayFromHerYouBitch Wed 14-Sep-11 19:31:51

National

No - I once declared myself unreasonable after a disasterous 3-post "thread"

GloriaVanderbilt Wed 14-Sep-11 19:32:03

depends how much you post. If you mainly lurk and post on about two threads a year then totally yabu, because no one would KNOW you had baggside it unless they tried your slightly different version first and it said no.

NoHunIntended Wed 14-Sep-11 19:37:57

How do you tell who had the name first?

Cocoflower Wed 14-Sep-11 19:41:10

You can't be sure someone did copy though

I saw for the first time "cornflower" yesterday. Someone did confuse us on a thread.

I had never seen them before so I thought they were new

Turns out they have been here longer than me though- so she probably thinks I copied her! (I didnt honest guv!)

SecretNutellaFix Wed 14-Sep-11 19:42:20

In my old name DifferentID, there was a poster who decided to call herself DiffrentID. Didn't seem to be around for long though.

GloriaVanderbilt Wed 14-Sep-11 19:44:45

Look I know TNT and she would NEVER steal someone else's name so clearly it was in error. She is one of the most creative people I know, she's not short of ideas or anything.

I've never seen any posts by you OP - are you an infrequent poster or is it just me missing you, genuine question

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Wed 14-Sep-11 19:47:23

I have seen another MyCat... something or other.

Knowing that mine was the bigger bastard kept me happy though.

YAB (a tad) U methinks

TheSherbetTurbot Wed 14-Sep-11 20:09:08

I inadvertently nicked one of the 'big girls' names when I first came on here. It was one that she only uses sometimes but I got such a pasting off her and I was a bit scared so I changed it to something boring. Loads of people said I shouldn't give in to her but I decided to be gracious and let her have it.

MeconiumHappens Wed 14-Sep-11 20:55:06

dare i say i wish we had little avatars, because i struggle to remember people but avatars build u a better visual link for me.

Tigerbomb Wed 14-Sep-11 21:00:20

We have loads of Tigers on here, apparently that must mean we are a streak (or ambush) of Tigers smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now