Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with over priced gastropubs

(6 Posts)
latenightmum Wed 14-Sep-11 00:01:34

New Mummy in over keen N. London school, I can't say which one as I know the conversation will get locked down...

Anyway as a working mum not at the school gates I volunteered to organise xmas drinks. Yes they're keen anyway... random Tufnell Park pub 15 mins from station is charging £2700 minimum spend outrageous so I sent them this.... AIBU?

"The minimum spend is quite frankly amazing given your location. Even with £35 pound a head buffet people would then have to drink £90 worth of alcohol each. Good luck with that. At least now when I drive past I will know that you look nice but quite frankly are crazy. Just in case you're not full 24/7 you might want to phone your competitors as you'll discover they're normal and you're just a pub trying to charge 3k for stand up Christmas drinks.

Just as well I've been able to spot this early and advise the parental community + mumsnet before any of us thought we could have a couple of cheeky beers in your private rooms.

Good Luck and a Happy Christmas elsewhere to you

worraliberty Wed 14-Sep-11 00:04:44

<shrugs> just go to a pub and on to a restaurant?

Alambil Wed 14-Sep-11 00:06:37

it's miles too sarcastic to be taken seriously.

LeBOF Wed 14-Sep-11 00:10:53

You'll look a bit bonkers if you send that. Just say no thanks and go elsewhere.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 14-Sep-11 02:23:03

As it seems you've sent your non-festive missive, I'm not sure why you're seeking validation at this late stage.

Since you have cited 'gastropubs' plural but have only provided one example with no details of how many will be attending the any excuse for a piss up, YABU.

LaBag Wed 14-Sep-11 02:34:14

I don't think YABU. Too many people, for too long, have been being ripped off by places like this. Thing is that lots of people don't actually sit down and work out the arithmetic and see what they are spending.

I did hope - and do hope - that the current financial mess the UK is in will sort out places like this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now