Talk

Advanced search

to be very bored of the thread police?

(105 Posts)
TallTopHat Tue 13-Sep-11 22:20:08

So fucking what if it's in the wrong place?

Who resigned at MumsNetHQ and made people self appointed mods, prowling the boards for misdemeanours against topics?

DontGoCurly Tue 13-Sep-11 22:22:41

Fecking back seat moderators ! Hate em disrupting the wild west vibe on MN !!!

worraliberty Tue 13-Sep-11 22:23:14

I used to find it irritating but I just scroll past them now.

I must admit to having a giggle when someone has a go at a poster for posting in AIBU...tells them it should be in another section...and then goes ahead and answers their OP anyway.

What's that all about? Lol grin

DoMeDon Tue 13-Sep-11 22:23:43

Yeah but I like proper AIBU's and I will never get that 2 minutes back grin

PeneloPeePitstop Tue 13-Sep-11 22:25:55

So, is this the thread police police? grin

eurochick Tue 13-Sep-11 22:27:25

I find it irritating. It's a discussion board. Discuss or feck off.

thisisyesterday Tue 13-Sep-11 22:27:26

well actually MN has always been "self policed"... they rely on the community reporting things and then acting on them (where necessary)

so in answer to your questions, no-one. it's always been this way.

IMO the problem is we have wayyyyyyy too many topics. It's ridiculous now trying to choose one to post in. I can't find the one I want half the time. Others presumably find it the same and just post in the common ones (AIBU for example)

worraliberty Tue 13-Sep-11 22:28:19

Yes there are far too many topics

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 13-Sep-11 22:28:41

u
h
o
h

Merrylegs Tue 13-Sep-11 22:28:49

Bored with.

HTH wink

ColdSancerre Tue 13-Sep-11 22:31:26

YABU it is getting tedious although I'm sure they don't agree.

Fair enough too many threads go in AIBU when they shouldn't but is it really that big a problem? No.

Follett Tue 13-Sep-11 22:33:01

Agree too many topics. So I'm not bored of the thread police, I'm bored of the relentless topic requesters. Requesty bastards.

Power to the Aibu patrol, they're taking a stand against the lazy, tabloid, salacious nature of a big fat wodge of incomers posters.

You just know that the Aibu dwellers read Love It magazine. They need policing.

Bohica Tue 13-Sep-11 22:33:49

Bored? Have you been tamponed lately then? <checks spreadsheet> I only have 3 live tampons issued here. How can you be bored with 3 gentle reminders to consider the unloved & unheard of sections of MN.

Did you know there is a menopause section?

EricNorthmansMistress Tue 13-Sep-11 22:34:40

YANBU
It is a bit annoying reading 'AIBU to ask you what you think of these curtains' and I wish people would put it in chat, but the 'thread police' are just making themselves look foolish IMO. It's not really anyone's business and HQ will move threads if you report.

Hassled Tue 13-Sep-11 22:36:28

I'm not bored by them. I see them as those guys in the red berets on the NY subway years ago (what were they called? what happened to them?)

People post in AIBU for cooking tips, FFS. AIBU to ask you how you label school uniform? No-one, least of all them, cares if they're reasonable or not. It makes me disproportionately cross.

strawberrymivvi Tue 13-Sep-11 22:38:00

Sorry the post was too long. I gave up half you through.

I really hate that one smile

SickwithFury Tue 13-Sep-11 22:38:01

Aaaah Hassled! You've brought back a memory there, but the rest of my wine-soaked brain won't dish the goods. Remind me?

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 13-Sep-11 22:38:28

Threadgilantes?

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 13-Sep-11 22:38:34

No, I wish there was more thread policing and I wish mnhq would reclaim their website and make it work properly!

ColdSancerre Tue 13-Sep-11 22:39:08

'Did you know there was a menopause section?'

Was that meant to be as bitchy as it came across?

thisisyesterday Tue 13-Sep-11 22:40:41

the way i see it, the point of having topics is to help people FIND information as well as posting it.

if you're posting it in stupid unrelated topics that doesn't help.

if we're not bothered what topic threads go in then we may as well have no topics at all. just a massive free for all....

not everyone reads MN via active convos.... some browse individual topics and will miss posts they may be able to help with, or gain information from by them being in the "wrong" area

Hassled Tue 13-Sep-11 22:40:58

SickWithFury - I'm here from the Menopause topic, so I barely remember my DOB grin. Who were the red beret guys?

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 13-Sep-11 22:42:50

I am as judgemental about the people who are too lazy/disinterested to make an effort to post anywhere other than AIBU, as they are judgemental about me and my thread policing. So NER.

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 13-Sep-11 22:43:15

Guardian Angels?

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 13-Sep-11 22:44:24

I'm just bored of people starting threads about how they're bored of certain threads. I don't see the point of thread police.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now