Talk

Advanced search

to think that maybe a twitter/press campaign is the answer to mn hq's reluctance to act... SN parents come see here...

(16 Posts)
wannaBe Tue 13-Sep-11 16:48:39

thread about a thread about a thread so shoot me.

so if mn hq won't stand up and take notice, and won't treat attacks on children with sn in the same way as other attacks, in fact is happy to treat a poster being called a cow with more respect than the poster with the sn child, maybe they'd like some publicity?

Twitter is a big platform.

Lots of mumsnetters are on twitter.

We know what happened with riven and twitter campaign - we can get the same amount of publicity for mn hq's lack of response...

Come on mn hq, you like publicity don't you? shall we as mn twitterers start publishing your responses to attacks on posters with sn? See what the journos think then, shall we?

Kayano Tue 13-Sep-11 16:59:45

Wtf? Have I just missed the sn kids bashing? What ate you talking about?! Mn is pretty tolerant if all IMO?

cornflowers Tue 13-Sep-11 17:04:40

I haven't followed this debate but it strikes me that a sense of perspective is possibly needed here.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Tue 13-Sep-11 17:05:16

Well don't speak for me please, I'm absolutely flabberghasted that adults can't post alongside each other on a chatboard without whining to journalists. Utterly pathetic and childish.

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Sep-11 17:24:45

Hi wannaBe,

We have been responding on this very issue on this thread with yourself and many other MNetters.

We are watching this thread but please do report anything to us that requires a quick response and we will take a look as soon as we can.

We are sorry that you feel this way and we do take on board all feedback, both good and bad.

Best wishes

MNHQ

Milsean Tue 13-Sep-11 17:26:31

So you want to use MN to rally people to gain negative publicity for MN? And you don't see any problem with that? hmm

Obsessive, bizarre, and childish.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Tue 13-Sep-11 17:26:45

I just left because of attacks directed on me, but I will break my self imposed posting ban here (still reading posts on this issue) to say I am horrified at the idea of a Press campaign and would never speak to a journalist about the matter.

My issue is not with MNHQ but with trolling idiots.

HTH

<disappears off again>

ouryve Tue 13-Sep-11 18:48:33

Please don't count me in. I don't think there's anything to be gained by bitching about it on another platform.

pippilongsmurfing Tue 13-Sep-11 18:54:21

I really and truely (please correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure someone will!!), have not read any "special needs bashing" apart from by 2 or 3 posters who were being overtly obtuse and antagonistic.

I don't think an anti-mums net twitter campaign is needed or called for.

missymarmite Tue 13-Sep-11 18:58:03

I haven't read any special needs bashing. I know this doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but I am sure that when it does there are plenty of outraged, vocal mumsnetters out there who will shoot down someone stupid enough to voice anything discriminatory.

Catslikehats Tue 13-Sep-11 19:02:51

I'm afraid this is one of those situations where if you don't like it you have two options:

Self moderate, call people on their inappropriate behaviour and leave them to make twats of themselves

or

Don't get involved with MN.

Asking people to fight against MN, a forum with which your involvement is entirely through choice and has little effect on you should you just switch the compute off is bizarre.

Sookeh Tue 13-Sep-11 19:03:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sookeh Tue 13-Sep-11 19:04:03

Oops, sorry, IPhone glitch blush

Crosshair Tue 13-Sep-11 19:13:56

confused

Sookeh Tue 13-Sep-11 19:15:26

Sorry crosshair blush

Crosshair Tue 13-Sep-11 19:17:19

Oh I didnt see what you wrote, Im confused about the thread in general. I must of missed something! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now