Talk

Advanced search

To think baby competitions are just parent popularity competitions?

(4 Posts)
booberella Tue 13-Sep-11 16:09:20

Every day on Facebook somebody else is saying "please vote for my son/daughter/niece/neighbours great god child five times removed in x competition". Surely the point is to vote for who you think the worthy winner should be or it is an empty victory and just means you have more Facebook friends?!

Tanif Tue 13-Sep-11 16:13:03

YANBU I don't understand baby competitions at all. My son is still nestled in my uterus at the minute, but I can tell you right now with no questions asked that he is the most adorable, beautiful 22 week old foetus in the history of mankind.

Once he's out, I will not need a competition to tell me that the situation remains the same.

DrCoconut Tue 13-Sep-11 16:37:11

I entered DS1 in a competition because the prizes were worth it and I was really skint at the time but it was done on votes and I was a Billy no mates not that well connected. So he didn't win. But he was the cutest kid in the contest regardless of who got the prizes!

booberella Tue 13-Sep-11 16:39:45

They are just not fair to the parents who have gorgeous babies but no friends ;-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now