Talk

Advanced search

to keep

(18 Posts)
Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:02:26

a dress which might look a bit too small? sorry posted in s&b but no1 replied...

there is a dress I have had my eye on for two years. Finally it has been put in the sale but they didn't have my size only a smaller one. It took quite a while but I managed to zip it up...

only thing is my (small!) boobs bulge over the top and to me the dress looks a bit small but then i looked on google and celebs wearing the dress also have boobage issues see lilo and [[]http://www.mycelebritydress.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/68x68/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/a/matthewwilliamsoncoralethnicdress.jpg dita von t and eva longoria]

Should I return the dress?

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:03:09

sorry 2nd link here dita von t and eva longoria

DeepLeafEverything Tue 13-Sep-11 14:04:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumsamilitant Tue 13-Sep-11 14:06:13

Return the dress or toddle off to fat club slimming world. Nothing worse than seeing someone stuffed into something too small.

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:08:31

DeepLeaf - it's not ridiculously small just one size smaller so all looks ok except the boobage bit but then looking at the pics other people seem to wear it anyway?

mumsamilitant - not sure how to lose weight from the boobs? Maybe I should return it then sad

northerngirl41 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:11:40

I'm also not a fan of too small clothes - they look awful!

However you might be able to let it out a little bit depending on the seams and also the type of zipper they have used. You'll maybe get an extra 1-1.5 cms out of it - would that be enough? I'd definitely not do that though unless I could inspect the dress close up. And I'd also not do it unless I was prepared to spend around £50-£100 having it altered.

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:37:19

Oh thanks northern that's a really good idea. I'll inspect the seems now. Normally I wouldn't bother but as I've wanted the dress for sooo long it might be worth it.

ViviPru Tue 13-Sep-11 14:40:34

OP where did you get it? I need a dress for a special occasion and can't find anything so I'm desperate for suggestions of shops/labels I might not have considered. Ta much

mumsamilitant Tue 13-Sep-11 15:05:51

I'm at fat club and have lost 4 inches around boobs so far grin

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:06:46

Hiya - Outnet had an extra 40% off dresses at the weekend. It's still a splurge (a Matthew Williamson) but if you have something special in mind might be worth it. Only problem was they only had sizes 6 and 14 sad hence my dilemma. I'd wanted this particular dress for 2 years so pushed the boat out!

What's your budget, I may have some suggestions if you like?

Angel786 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:07:33

Oh thanks mums I might give it a whirl, have seen a fitness trainer running a boot campy thing in our local park...

ImperialBlether Tue 13-Sep-11 19:16:18

I can't see the dress on that link.

squeakytoy Tue 13-Sep-11 19:26:57

Cant see the dress on that link, but if suitable, you could wear a sports bra, or minimising bra maybe to reduce the size of your bust.

ViviPru Tue 13-Sep-11 19:31:14

Fellow nosey parkers, this is the OP's dress... (I think OP?)

Thanks, OP, ideally no more than £200, although if I don't find something quick I'm going to spank £355 on a Vivienne Westwood Marghi. Its for an autumn wedding, quite an informal, quirky/creative do. I like on the knee or just above, (5'6") sz 14, not bandeau or strappy, not jersey/slinky, ideally quite structured, ideally not black, but black pattern ok.

HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!

squeakytoy Tue 13-Sep-11 19:33:50

that link still doesnt work for me sad

ViviPru Tue 13-Sep-11 19:34:50

google http://www.theoutnet.com/product/232003

Angel786 Wed 14-Sep-11 00:39:59

Ok Vivi - I shall get to work grin

Angel786 Wed 14-Sep-11 01:08:53

you may need to log in to see these? Cocosa has a zac posen sale on,nice purple georgette available in your size but halter

catherine malendrino also purple would look great with the right accesories

tibi patterned

Failing that, not sure where you are based but Bicester village has a DVF outlet which has fantastic wrap dresses...?

Otherwise - blow the budget and go with Westwood! I shall keep an eye out and pm you if I see something fitting your requirements.

Squeaky it's already padded so no room for bra sad...!

Imperial this link may work instead try this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now