Talk

Advanced search

to really want a 'hide poster' function?

(155 Posts)
JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 21:51:01

Argh. Every so often there is a really infuriating, broken record type poster who's on every single bloody thread, I wish I could just hide them..

I know this has been done before but argh..

RealityVonCrapp Mon 12-Sep-11 21:52:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DCSsunhill Mon 12-Sep-11 21:53:59

Jareth, I have one too. They are often the first person on to all threads in a particular topic and I find their lack of empathy astounding.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 21:54:25

grin

No, of course not. You had that baby yet?

<legs it>

Hassled Mon 12-Sep-11 21:54:51

But that's life, innit? Think of MN as some sort of microcosm of society - to get the good you have to tolerate the shit. So yes, YABU.

Is it me?

LeninGrad Mon 12-Sep-11 21:55:22

FabbyChic Mon 12-Sep-11 21:55:37

Oh shucks it's me!

HecateQueenOfWitches Mon 12-Sep-11 21:55:49

Is it me? (I can take it!)

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Sep-11 21:56:47

Hello
Please see Justine's post about this here
But also <worries that HQ sound like a broken record blush> do report anything you think we shoudl see.
Thanks
M Towers

It can be me. I don't mind. I have no empathy, see <pokes Jareth, sings about the babe>

TheGhostNotMe Mon 12-Sep-11 21:57:12

God yes, there are 1 or 2 posters that everytime I read a thread I see, sigh and wish I could block.

I have name changed recently, so people cant feel the same way about me grin

LeninGrad Mon 12-Sep-11 21:57:30

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 21:58:12

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 21:58:48

Olivia, sorry - confused, that linked to a post about the SN issue? confused

TheGhostNotMe Mon 12-Sep-11 21:59:05

Olivia its not so much that they are breaking any kind of rules per se, more that they come out with the same illeducated shite on every single thread in my case!

AgentZigzag Mon 12-Sep-11 21:59:12

That's not fair Jareth, because now I want to know who it is and you can't say!

I can't think of anyone I'm arsed about enough to let them wind me up and want to hide them.

KittyFane Mon 12-Sep-11 21:59:45

Fabby- I think you have mellowed recently.

TrillianAstra Mon 12-Sep-11 21:59:52

YABU.

Post in Site Stuff.

HowlingBitch Mon 12-Sep-11 22:00:03

It's me isn't it?

<Self-centered face>

KaFayOLay Mon 12-Sep-11 22:00:15

I frequent another forum where you can put a user on 'user ignore'.
Which is great smile until nosiness gets the better of me and I have to un-ignore them to see what utter tripe they are spouting blushgrin.

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:01:27

FabbyChic Mon 12-Sep-11 22:02:01

When you get forums you get people from all different quarters, from all different backgrounds, with different social standings etc.,

Like a hundred social functions in one place, more than likely more than one person is going to raise your hackles, piss you off. You just ignore them.

I'd never use the ignore poster function. I don't think there is any one poster that posts stuff that riles me. But then I am so laid back Im almost horizontal!

Seriously.

Maryz Mon 12-Sep-11 22:02:26

You know the way they have different colours for the op and for our own posts, well maybe there could be a couple of extra colours that we could nominate for particularly irritating (or particularly wonderful, naming no names) posters.

So I could have two or three at any one time that could be sludge grey, navy blue and black (so I couldn't see them).

I find these posters appear, drive me crazy for a few days, and then inevitably give up being annoying or move on (or I become immune maybe) and then their place is taken by someone else.

But I'm not sure that hiding is a good idea - if everyone sensible hides a particular poster, then they can continue to bang on unchecked.

Sorry if it's me btw grin.

FabbyChic Mon 12-Sep-11 22:02:55

Kitty it's me age! I like it here it's like a second home.

UsingMainlySpoons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:03:03

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now