Talk

Advanced search

to ask what can i do with a nvq level 2 in childcare

(8 Posts)
AuntiePickleBottom Mon 12-Sep-11 21:35:12

i am looking to change my career.

i am a NHS domestic, have had this job now for 8 years. i don't want to go back to childcare.

what i am asking is with that quilifation what can i do with it atm

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 12-Sep-11 21:39:05

YABU to raise this in AIBU.

Ring your local authority Early Years Department. They may be able to give you some advice or at least point you in the right direction.

troisgarcons Mon 12-Sep-11 21:46:31

Go back to AE - revamp your qualifications - look for something YOU want to move into.

NVQ L2 pass are only worth a GCSE Grade C equiv

slavetofilofax Mon 12-Sep-11 21:49:22

That's the problem with NVQ's. They don'tcount for anything unless you want to do the exact job you have been trained to do.

A level 2 will help you get onto a different level 3 course though.

Jojo1983 Mon 12-Sep-11 21:54:15

From my knowledge a NVQ level 2 in childcare won't get you alot as they are stopping them so won't mean anything, Sorry

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 12-Sep-11 21:59:07

thanks for your replys.

i am sick of feeling stuck in a job, and want to get a job where i can build my way up, atm i will always be a domestic unless i make the change of jobs

troisgarcons Mon 12-Sep-11 22:06:22

don't knock your job though - look to promotion within that field - and you can increase your skills in any job. 99% of the time its about how you write your CV and how your people management skills.

TrillianAstra Mon 12-Sep-11 22:10:18

Thank you allIwant

You might fins some more knowledgeable people in Employment issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now