Talk

Advanced search

Yodel delivery service are a pile of poo

(17 Posts)
JujyFruits Mon 12-Sep-11 13:26:30

I placed an order (for a present or my niece) on 29th August through Amazon marketplace and the seller posted the item out on the 31st.

I am still waiting for it angry

They attempted to deliver on the 1st Sept - I was at work. They left a card with the couriers mobile number so you can re-arrange delivery, but the phone ALWAYS goes straight to voicemail saying the mail box is full so you can't leave a message.

I contacted the call centre (on hold for ages) and asked for it to be delivered on Friday 8th as I wouldn't be at work that day.

They came round on the 7th angry I was at work so got another card through the door. They didn't come on the 8th as arranged.

So I rang again (on hold for AGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEES) and asked for it to be deliverd today.

Just checked the online tracker and it's not 'out for delivery' so rang them again. It's not coming today angry No reasons given angry

They will try and deliver tomorrow, but I'm not in tomorrow ARGHHHHHHHH

Meanwhile my niece's birthday has been and gone. I got her another present from a real life shop and this stupid parcel is going to go back to the seller when if actually receive it angry

Anyone else had any problems with them?

itisnearlysummer Mon 12-Sep-11 15:06:54

Wow, no, I've only had one parcel delivered by them. It was posted on 6th September. Tracker was kept up do date, and I received it at 9.30am on 7th, 5 hours after they received it.

I was really impressed, it was the best service I've had from a delivery company, and I sent feedback to tell them.

How annoying for you! sad

Schnullerbacke Mon 12-Sep-11 15:18:15

I think we might need to start a club. I am in the same position. Attempted delivery beginning last week. I was not in, note left in letterbox. Re-arranged for Friday, delivered another parcel but the one I was waiting for was left out again (I left a note to say neighbours will sign). Next delivery attempt this Thursday and I am expected to be in all day. What utter bullshit crap bollox.

MMQC Mon 12-Sep-11 15:20:02

I was put off ever using Yodel by the fact that I once opened the door to a delivery driver with a fag hanging out of his mouth ...

clappyhands Mon 12-Sep-11 15:22:13

i had similiar

left the card to say i could collect from depot next day

next day got 3 dc into car and drove to depot only to be told they sent it out again to try and deliver. when i asked why, as i had a card telling me to call at depot i had lots of eye rolling

another card deliverd as they tried to deliver when i was at depot

had to make a second trip to depot to collect

no apologies - nada

crazymum53 Mon 12-Sep-11 15:47:31

We have had a problem with this courier too. They claim to have delivered the item to a "neighbour" with a surname that was unknown to us. Have checked with phone book and electoral roll and no-body of that name lives on our road. They have been unable to supply a house no. so they have either delivered to the wrong street or lost it.
We won't be using this courier again either!

CBear6 Mon 12-Sep-11 16:23:16

I've had issues with them too.

Got a parcel delivered a few months ago and we were out when it came (it was supposed to come on the Tuesday but didn't, they brought it Wednesday instead). They stuck a card through the door and on the pre-printed line about how "your parcel has been left with your neighbour at ... " the delivery person had simply written "8". I live in a brand new estate where most of the houses aren't properly numbered yet, to complicate it even further our house is at an intersection of several streets and there are five number 8's within the immediate vicinty hmm

DH complained and they apologised, etc. A few weeks ago the same thing happened again only this time it was at "5". DH went ape on the phone and told them that he wasn't going knocking on doors again and that they would have to send their driver to collect the parcel and bring it to our house. They did it too grin

I had a delivery booked from Mothercare (my new buggy) which was supposed to arrive between 8am and 5pm. It came at 6pm, delivered by a very skinny girl wearing PJs and a high-vis jacket whilst a surly looking man sat in the white van smoking a cigarette and watching her struggle with the boxes.

The most recent delivery was a new carseat. It was supposed to come between 8am and 1pm. It arrived at 8:50pm, again delivered by skinny girl in her PJs with surly gentleman sat in the van glaring.

Aren't they just wonderful!

BodyUnknown Mon 12-Sep-11 16:27:41

Yodel left my parcel in a public car park! I wish I was joking. They didn't fill out the 'you were out' card properly either so I had no parcel number to query. It was a TK Maxx order, and TK Maxx were great about it, but seriously... who would leave a parcel in a car park??

Yodel is DHL Domestic, isn't it? You'd expect better.

YANBU. I left a note on the door to say if I was out to leave the parcel with a neighbour. The delivery driver claims he left it on our porch 'as instructed'. I don't have a fucking porch and those were not the instructions. Oh, and the package went walkies. This was a large bundle of M&S school uniform delivered the saturday before they went back. It had been ordered 8 days previously. When I called, Yodel did not give a fuck, and just said ring M&S. I will never order from M&S again now, because their couriers are shit <breathes in to paper bag>

ThunderboltKid Mon 12-Sep-11 16:34:40

Ha, you're lucky you've all been able to ring and complain. Everytime I rung it was constantly engaged. In fact, thats just reminded me that I did the BT call back thing about 5 days ago and still haven't got through!

Awful company; the worst!

CBear6 Mon 12-Sep-11 17:48:58

Oh! They also once left a parcel in our wheelie bin. On bin collection day.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Mon 12-Sep-11 18:00:32

Yodel told me once that they hadn't been able to deliver because my road was closed at 7.30pm - my dh took my dd to guides at that time so we know it was a bare-faced lie........ (it is also a very main thoroughfare and would only be closed if it was an emergency and I think we would have noticed!)

JujyFruits Mon 12-Sep-11 18:03:18

Gosh it's not just me then.

Yes thunderboltkid the 0844 number they gave me on the slip through my door was constantly engaged, but I googled and found another number where you can actually speak to someone.

chickens like you I'll think twice before ordering from a company that uses Yodel again.

iamabadger Mon 12-Sep-11 18:04:34

They are horrendous, they delivered a parcel when I was out and as they will only bloody deliver Mon-Fri and I work five days, rearranged it to come to work. They reattempted delivery to my house THREE times, despite me emailing them every time to tell them again to deliver it to work. Absolute idiots.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 18:09:44

It's Home Delivery Network in disguise isn't it?

Yes, they're fucking terrible.

JarethTheGoblinKing Mon 12-Sep-11 18:11:37

www.hdnl.co.uk/Press-Room/Latest-News/HOME-DELIVERY-NETWORK-AND-TRADING-COMPANIES-BECOME-YODEL/

See I assumed it was because HDN has such a shocking reputation that they painted all their vans green and pretended the company never existed grin

Abra1d Mon 12-Sep-11 18:13:51

They were OK with my pick-up--all went well.

Another Home Delivery deliverer always takes days and days to bring my stuff round. It's really annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now