Talk

Advanced search

yes i am being unreasonable.. come calm me down!

(13 Posts)
DraculasMum Mon 12-Sep-11 12:48:15

I have ofsted coming tomorrow for my pre reg inspection I have turned into a shouty evil person ordering my dp around and flying round the house frantically cleaning in places the inspector probably won't even look..

I'm so nervous, dp looks scared to even get himself a drink for fear of making a tiny mess..

Yes I'm being unreasonable..flame away

vickibee Mon 12-Sep-11 12:51:12

We all take it out on our nearest and dearest when we feel stresses, that's just the way it is. I am sure he understands your anxiety and is just keeping out of the way.

Good Luck

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 12-Sep-11 12:52:50

>>puts on asbestos suit, fires up flame thrower>>

YABU.

Pour your dp a large one and put an old door on top of your bed so that he can have lie down without creasing the sheets grin

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Mon 12-Sep-11 12:54:17

YANBU, I was like a cat on a hot tin roof before my visit.
He should do exactly as you say, how you say to do it, and quicker than you would manage it. Then he should make dinner, tidy up afterwards and let you have a bath and 5 mins peace grin

VelvetSnow Mon 12-Sep-11 12:55:01

perhaps you should explain to DP why you're being so unreasonable and maybe apologise...

Poor man.

Also, good luck with the inspection.

blackeyedsusan Mon 12-Sep-11 12:57:44

promise to mke it up to dp after the inspection, and do so. apologise for your behaviour and try and remember it is not his fault.

Andrewofgg Mon 12-Sep-11 12:59:39

Once the day is over I recommend a strong drink. Start with a double whisky then add some more whisky. Then have another.

Then get amorous with DP.

In the meantime good luck.

DraculasMum Mon 12-Sep-11 16:55:11

Love the idea to stop bed linen creases!

Iv managed to get my car mot done, my weekly food shop and the house almost clean all in one day..

Dp got called into work so I had dd with me aswell! Huge nightmare today!

I have a headache.. I hope this is all worth it

Now... Where's the voddy!

DraculasMum Mon 12-Sep-11 16:55:18

Love the idea to stop bed linen creases!

Iv managed to get my car mot done, my weekly food shop and the house almost clean all in one day..

Dp got called into work so I had dd with me aswell! Huge nightmare today!

I have a headache.. I hope this is all worth it

Now... Where's the voddy!

YABU, but I've done a similar thing, it's easily done.

We were going to be on a TV programme, and it was going to be a big surprise to my DH, who had no idea about it. They were planning to sneak into our house and film for a whole day while he was out and I wanted the place to be spotless. So typically, this was the week he decided to tear up the kitchen floor and re-tile it.

I turned into a raving maniac and spent three days screaming "finish the floor!...tidy that up!...phone the window cleaner!...cut the grass!..." and had three days with no sleep while I bleached and dusted and vacuumed everything we owned, including the dog.

On the day before the TV crew arrived, when I went into meltdown at the sight of the dog doing a poo on the newly mowed grass, DH finally muttered "what the bloody hell is wrong with you, are you pregnant again? You were evil last time."

That was when I knew I'd gone to far. I'd managed to out-crazy my early pregnancy days, when a request to turn over the television was met with the hurling of the remote control because I was trying to eat my lunch "and do you want this baby to bloody starve!?" blush

DraculasMum Mon 12-Sep-11 19:09:07

takethis omg you sound just like me!

We have just sat down for an hour before I clean the kitchen floor.. Again!

What tv prog were you on? <Nosey>

DraculasMum Mon 12-Sep-11 19:09:08

takethis omg you sound just like me!

We have just sat down for an hour before I clean the kitchen floor.. Again!

What tv prog were you on? <Nosey>

Sookeh Mon 12-Sep-11 19:11:43

Arf at "Do you want this baby to starve!?"

I needed that giggle grin

I was pretty bad too though blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now