Talk

Advanced search

To frankly not give a tinkers Cuss where you were 10 years ago

(91 Posts)
HallnotOates Sun 11-Sep-11 13:40:58

and I'm not sure why it matters

5inthebed Sun 11-Sep-11 13:42:14

I was the same place I am now, with my arse on the settee.

HTH

chibi Sun 11-Sep-11 13:42:37

well ultimately, probably nothing matters

<nihilist>

InnocentRedhead Sun 11-Sep-11 13:43:40

You are and you aren't BU

What does matter though is remembering those who were taken too soon on that day - whether you knew them or not. Often remembering what you were doing that day does evoke further emotions and feelings that you may not be able to feel if you don't recall what you were doing that day

yousankmybattleship Sun 11-Sep-11 13:44:22

I don't think it atters but I do think it is good to remember. 3000 people died. No harm in marking the day and showing a little respect.

Nancy66 Sun 11-Sep-11 13:44:32

then don't read those threads. Easy

chibi Sun 11-Sep-11 13:49:35

i guess it just seems graceless (amongst other things) to announce completely without having first been asked, to the world at large how much you don't care about something

is this you showing how sophisticated/hard/cynical/??? you are? I'm not sure that matters either, hur hur.

HallnotOates Sun 11-Sep-11 13:52:27

Lol at hur hur.
People died. It was sad. People have died since.
Knowing someone was ironing and was " so shocked" adds little.

LunaticFringe Sun 11-Sep-11 13:59:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aldiwhore Sun 11-Sep-11 14:01:18

I DO remember where I was, it was a shocking significant moment, and because of that I remember what I was doing/thinking/saying/seeing at the time.

However, YANBU to not give a shit about the details of my memory!!

It WAS shocking, many died, but I find it even more shocking that 120000 people a year die from gun crime, I guess if that all happened on ONE DAY in one place, I'd remember exactly where I was too!

I do think rememberance is important, not glory, not hate, but remembering... and though it happened in another country, many of our own citizens were involved so rightly or wrongly it holds more significance.

Psammead Sun 11-Sep-11 14:05:06

Hall if you could just run up a list of topics we are and are not allowed to discuss, that would be most helpful.

TIA.

BoneyBackJefferson Sun 11-Sep-11 14:05:16

Its a JFK, John Lennon, Berlin wall moment.

YABU

Snowboarder Sun 11-Sep-11 14:21:17

It was a big event in world history, of course people are going to talk about it, as they would and will with any other big event.

HTH

HallnotOates Sun 11-Sep-11 14:22:09

Lol psammey. That would be long.

Psammead Sun 11-Sep-11 14:24:46

grin I bet....

LisaD1 Sun 11-Sep-11 14:26:55

I remember exactly where I was as it is the day a very good friend of mine died (from a riding accident- nothing to do with 9/11). It is also the day some 3,000 innocent fellow human beings were mass murdered.

The fact that the OP doesn't care is irrelevant to me. Difference is the OP started a thread about it!

Andrewofgg Sun 11-Sep-11 14:27:47

YANBU although we all remember. Like the death of JFK and Churchill for those old enough. Just not something I want to share because my memories of it are as boring to you as yours are to me.

zukiecat Sun 11-Sep-11 14:29:13

ddubsgirl Sun 11-Sep-11 14:32:09

you may not care but others do,it was a huge thing that changed the world,i remember what i was doing and the horror i felt,same as i remember the moment it came on the news that 2 bodies had been found that were the 2 little girls from soham,if i was to remember then i will.

giyadas Sun 11-Sep-11 14:35:48

perhaps a little forgiveness op? In their wish to commemorate such a huge event they may have forgotten that everything is about you.
Still, you've set them straight now.

doublestandard Sun 11-Sep-11 14:41:39

Are we allowed to say Tinker's cuss? Hope so. Yes it's a bit on the racist side if you're oh so vair PC but it does make me giggle.

ExpensivePants Sun 11-Sep-11 14:43:04

It's called conversation. I don't give two tosses where people were when JFK was shot, when the men pretended to land on the moon, when dull as ditchwater John Lennon was shot. But people insist on telling me so I grin and pretend I'm listening.

worraliberty Sun 11-Sep-11 14:46:15

<Waits for the thread title to mortally offend someone>

zukiecat Sun 11-Sep-11 14:52:28

doublestandard Sun 11-Sep-11 14:53:34

Arf at <Waits for the thread title to mortally offend someone>

You're not wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now