Talk

Advanced search

It's that time of year again

(16 Posts)
snippywoo2 Sun 11-Sep-11 01:53:10

A daddy long legs has just landed on my screen yuk yuk and thrice yuk. Summer is over sad

darksideofthemooncup Sun 11-Sep-11 02:04:05

Did you know that they are as venomous as black Widow Spiders but can't open their jaws wide enough to bite us. Stupid gangly legged freaky bastards

LDNmummy Sun 11-Sep-11 02:14:23

Yup, lots of spider sightings being reported on my FB tonight, had one myself earlier, not pleased sad

snippywoo2 Sun 11-Sep-11 02:20:38

I heard they only live for a day though. So kill as many as you can so they don't procreate and get their relatives to come back next year is my advice lol

Sookeh Sun 11-Sep-11 02:36:11

I've had to evict 3 of the bastards today (because DH is a wimp grin)

Is it just me or are they MASSIVE this year?

MultipleSoManyPapercuts Sun 11-Sep-11 08:13:46

My friend woke me up in the middle of the night when we were teenagers to tell me she woke up and found half a daddy long legs in her mouth... She was chewing it.

<shudders>

The Ricky Gervais sketch about daddy long legs being poisonous amuses me

Andrewofgg Sun 11-Sep-11 10:24:29

Well, come on, where are the usual suspects who will tell us that we should not kill anything?

mythical Sun 11-Sep-11 22:10:42

oh let the fun begin. i have an irrational fear of large flying insects. especially spider-looking large flying insects. i tend to throw the duvet over my head and scream until someone deals with it.

aliceliddell Sun 11-Sep-11 22:22:17

Don't talk to me about spiders. Huge enormous monstrous beast galloped across the floor at me - usual levels of horror, except that I AM DISABLED AND CAN'T GET OUT OF THE WAY! Oh my good Lord. Surely no need.

aliceliddell Sun 11-Sep-11 22:23:21

Andrew - that's me, I think.

blackeyedsusan Mon 12-Sep-11 00:05:10

I will get rid of anyones daddy long legs if they will get rid of my spiders...and i mean get rrid of as in...DEAD (deceased, no longer living, ceased to be, ex spiders.)

spiderslegs Mon 12-Sep-11 00:27:05

Not me, kill away I say, but only if you can eat it or if it's eating your clothes (fucking moths, I have never taken pleasure from squashing a life out with my hand until now - I obliterate at least ten of the bastards a day & feel a frisson each time).

Leave the daddies & the spiders alone though - they harm you not, just a bit gangly, I would quite happily come round, catch 'em & release.

spiderslegs Mon 12-Sep-11 00:29:28

Or if it's a wasp, kill the bastard, although I trapped one in a glass the other day, accidentally decapitating it in the process - it was still crawling across my dresser top five hours later.

spiderslegs Mon 12-Sep-11 00:29:45

It wasa like chuffing Torchwood.

itisnearlysummer Mon 12-Sep-11 08:27:10

Alice That sounds quite unnecessary!

We hoovered a MASSIVE spider up from the stairs the other day (or rather DS did cos I'm a wimp). It was hideous. We found the same another one walking around nearby a couple of hours later and when DH hoovered it up it was hanging on to the end of the hose for AGES.

Completely unnecessary!

Disclaimer - don't normally hoover them, usually catch using glass and card method and release, but these were evil, fast and too big for any of our glasses!

TrillianAstra Mon 12-Sep-11 08:59:49

YABU because you have not asked an "Am I Being Unreasonable?" question.

There are loads of stripy spiders in my garden, but I don't mind them. They have appropriatw-sized bodies for their legs. Horrible spindly-legged bastards can fuck off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now