Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to think you should not be announcing your pregnancy after one month?

(116 Posts)
roses2 Sat 10-Sep-11 23:39:49

so dhs friends dp is pregnant and she announced it to the world in July - it is due end February 2012.

They had a scan this week (they live in Europe) and where told it's a boy

They are getting married in a few weeks but she wants to wait until the week before to buy the dress because every day she is getting bigger and bigger (after three months I think it's more she is eating too much rather than being pregnant)

I am left feeling a bit confused I am happy for them but announcing it one week after Flo was due and already telling people it's a boy after two and a half months?

WoofToYouTooLady Sat 10-Sep-11 23:42:30

two words for you:

beak out

NickNacks Sat 10-Sep-11 23:42:35

Each to their own - not sure exactly why its bothering you?

I announced at 14 weeks with DC1, 6weeks with DC2 and 18 weeks with DC3.

My (and DH's!) choice.

MorelliOrRanger Sat 10-Sep-11 23:42:53

Isn't it up to them? YABU.

carpwidow Sat 10-Sep-11 23:43:34

It's their business. YABU and your clause in brackets was unnecessary. You obviously have a huge problem with this woman. Go away and analyse why you were led to start this thread.

Takitezee Sat 10-Sep-11 23:44:02

YABU. It's up to them when they announce their pregnancy.

griphook Sat 10-Sep-11 23:44:24

tbh you sound a bit jealous. I wouldn't tell anyone before the scan but that's my choice and it's their choice to tell people. Is there a reason why it is bothering you so much?

As for the dress, I think that's a ggod idea

I don't see why they are BU. Everyone knew I was pregnant at 6 weeks in both my pregnancies. The vomiting around the clock was a give away.

Honeydragon Sat 10-Sep-11 23:45:22

I had no choice in either of my pg, I get chronic hyperemisis pretty much from conception and wound up hospitalised both times.

Doesn't matter when you tell people as long as you feel comfy telling them smile

DogsBestFriend Sat 10-Sep-11 23:45:30

YABU. No-one has to gain your approval before they announce their pregnancy.

Honeydragon Sat 10-Sep-11 23:46:02

and you are being rude about her size/overeating

RealityVonCrapp Sat 10-Sep-11 23:46:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ShutUppaYourFace Sat 10-Sep-11 23:46:27

There are no rules as far as i'm aware of, YABU

carpwidow Sat 10-Sep-11 23:47:09

I pressed "post message" and then felt really bad - thought wine had clouded my judgement. Glad to see now that I am not alone in my opinion smile

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Sep-11 23:47:10

It isn't up to them at all!

They should listen to the OP and do what she says.

Obviously.

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Sep-11 23:48:21

And they'd definately do what the OP says if they knew how she felt about eating anything when you're pregnant.

usualsuspect Sat 10-Sep-11 23:49:41

yabu for using the phrase flo was due

carpwidow Sat 10-Sep-11 23:49:42

...and she won't be a virgin when she gets married??!! Throw her to the tower

doublestandard Sat 10-Sep-11 23:50:44

YABU. I can't see what business it is of yours.

We told people as soon as we had decided to keep the baby but only told the same people who we'd tell if I miscarried. Then after 13 week scan we told everyone.

At 22 week scan we found out he (not the use of he not it - you'd do well to try to do the same) was a boy and we told everyone and what his name was shock

Did I care what anyone thought? Not a jot.

A1980 Sat 10-Sep-11 23:52:28

They are getting married in a few weeks but she wants to wait until the week before to buy the dress because every day she is getting bigger and bigger (after three months I think it's more she is eating too much rather than being pregnant)

I'm glad you're not my "friend". What a bitchy, horrible thing to say!

doublestandard Sat 10-Sep-11 23:53:16

YY usualsuspect. It took me about a minute to work out who Flo was. I was going to ask the OP because, before it dawned on me, I thought Flo might be the Op's baby's name.

Obviously I now know it is just a particularly tacky euphemism for period.

roses2 Sat 10-Sep-11 23:54:05

Meow

carpwidow Sat 10-Sep-11 23:55:11

There's more to this than meets the eye OP. The whole tone of your post is strange - the clause about them living in Europe has no relevance and you're starting this thread just before midnight on a Saturday. Something is eating you up! Come on spit it out! Have you got a history with this woman?

MorelliOrRanger Sat 10-Sep-11 23:57:51

Maybe OP is jealous?

usualsuspect Sat 10-Sep-11 23:57:53

who let that bloody cat in here again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now