Talk

Advanced search

....to think a doctor's appointment may be needed?

(9 Posts)
crashdoll Sat 10-Sep-11 20:53:17

Yesterday morning, I went to grab something from the cupboard under the stairs. I was bent over, stood up and whacked my head. I have a huge bump underneath my hair. It's sore but I thought "off course it's sore, you gave it a nasty knock" but I've been feeling increasingly dizzy. I don't think it's anything serious but should I still be feeling like this?

SpeedyGonzalez Sat 10-Sep-11 20:54:33

Definitely see a doctor. Is it possible you may have blacked out? Am wondering whether a visit to A&E might be in order.

Poor you.

crashdoll Sat 10-Sep-11 20:58:38

I definitley didn't black out and I remember everything. I felt like crying, my pride was hurt too.

pozzled Sat 10-Sep-11 21:03:08

Increasingly dizzy after a head injury? What would you advise someone else? What would you do if it were a child in your care?

Go and get it checked out, just to be on the safe side.

AgentZigzag Sat 10-Sep-11 21:05:12

Yup, get it checked out, you can't be too careful with banging your head about.

Hope it's not serious.

DialMforMummy Sat 10-Sep-11 21:19:08

Ring NHS direct tonight, just in case it's not safe to spend the night on it.

crashdoll Sat 10-Sep-11 21:41:00

If it was my child, I'd take them to hosp in a heartbeat. I guess because I didn't lose consciousness, I felt it was less serious. I think I will get myself checked out. NHS direct seems like a good idea.

mummymccar Sat 10-Sep-11 22:48:25

Absolutely get it checked out by a dr. I fell downstairs a few years ago and didn't even realise I'd hit my head until the headache set in. My friend told me to go to A&E so I did the next day and it turned out I had mild concussion and a couple of nasty lumps in my head that I hadn't even noticed. If you are feeling dizzy I'd get it checked out. Don't bother with NHS direct - I phoned them within 10 mins of getting the headache after the fall and didn't get any advice until the following day.

mummymccar Sat 10-Sep-11 22:49:27

*'on' not 'in my head'. Stupid phone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now