Talk

Advanced search

in saying that Strictly Come Dancing is looking like Spearmint Rhino (strip club)?

(12 Posts)
sovreign Sat 10-Sep-11 20:08:48

Good, honest family saturday night entertainment. Sat down with my nine and five year old boys tonight to witness what resembled the beginning of a strip show (I assume). First time ever I have felt compelled to switch over and start explaining the facts of life. Thank God my husband thinks it's low end TV and won't watch; he'd be rewinding that one all night...

KaFayOLay Sat 10-Sep-11 20:11:19

I was shock at the colour of one of the professional female dancers.
She wasn't a good advert for whatever product she had dipped her self in grin.

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 10-Sep-11 20:14:42

I just watched it feeling very envious of the lovely slim dancers in comparison to my 5 months pregnant self! And also thinking what a twat tess daly is.

EggyAllenPoe Sat 10-Sep-11 20:19:04

i was thinking what a lecherous old scummer Brucey is.

but maybe that's just me.

anyway, i think its fair so long as the male dancers are also objectified. i was disappointed by the loose-fit and non-sparkly nature of some of their trousers.

wildhairrunning Sat 10-Sep-11 20:21:26

Lots of tango skin...

Why oh why do people think looking orange is a good look????

Pan Sat 10-Sep-11 20:36:35

"Thank God my husband thinks it's low end TV and won't watch;" [snurk]

sovreign Sat 10-Sep-11 20:40:40

Been thinking and yes, you are all correct. I am bitter that I'm not a size 8 without veins.

KurriKurri Sat 10-Sep-11 20:58:19

But that's the whole point of Strictly - orange folk in spangles, with leery old men (^SIR^Bruce and Len).

But you are right about Spearmint Rhino - its full of Edwina look-alikes.

KurriKurri Sat 10-Sep-11 20:58:58

why didn't my italics work? hmm

GypsyMoth Sat 10-Sep-11 21:16:06

I grew up in this world.... The world of competitive dance (parents were dancers)

It is realistic and how it is. The Latin American competitors back in the 80's flaunted it too....... No change there

wildhairrunning Sat 10-Sep-11 22:15:05

Tess is soooooo overdramatic... All dancing eyebrows and teen bop excitement

DorisIsAPinkDragon Sat 10-Sep-11 22:21:54

I wasn't very impressed, the dd's love it but the sight of one of the c-listers bouncing out of her top running up the stairs was a bit much really!

I was never really bothered by Tess Daly until I actually started actively watching her. Now she irritates the piss out of me. Arrggghhh. really do I have to tolerate this until christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now