Talk

Advanced search

to ask you all for good 30th bday present ideas...for myself!

(9 Posts)
Ohnoredundo Fri 09-Sep-11 21:45:01

Right, I'm going to be very woe is me. Whenever it's my bday/Christmas I ask for money which ALWAYS ends up being spent on everyday bills and groceries etc. Anyhoo DH has asked for a list of potential prezzies to avoid this happening yet once again. But every time I think of something I think 'I don't really need it though do I?'. Please help me think of something to help ease the pain of turning 30.

IsSamNormansDad Fri 09-Sep-11 21:49:25

Roller Skates
I'm currently trying to persuade DH that these are the perfect present for Christmas or my 30th birthday next year!
Don't know if they will ease the pain or break your leg - but they will be fun. smile

Kayano Fri 09-Sep-11 21:50:23

2nd roller-skates

niccibabe Fri 09-Sep-11 21:50:35

Weekend away - it's something most people need most of the time smile. It'll get you some nice memories, which are always well worth having.

Inflames Fri 09-Sep-11 21:51:45

I've been bought a gig ad bight in hotel by DH for 30th - hardcore metal and lots of cider - much like my 20th ;-)

Tho roller-skates would be verrrrrryyyyy cool ....

Ohnoredundo Fri 09-Sep-11 21:57:15

Ooh roller-skates! I like that idea. Aw weekend away would be lovely but we have a new baby and I'm not ready to part with him yet smile

Mightimama Fri 09-Sep-11 22:30:47

voucher for spa/facial/hair-do?

TastesLikePanda Fri 09-Sep-11 23:02:07

I bought myself a weekend in Chicago for my 30th (but I did take DH as well)

I [heart] Chicago, it was beautiful and clean!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 10-Sep-11 00:50:30

IMO, regardless of whether you're having a birthday jaunt, the best way to mark the 0's and the 5's is with a serious rock.

As Marilyn said (or, more properly, sang) "square shape or pear shape, those rocks don't lose their shape - diamonds are a girl's best friend".

However, being a non-materialistic gal who loves baguette cut diamonds, I've found that rubies, emeralds, sapphires and other precious gemstones also bring a birthday (and Christmas) smile to my face and every piece of jewellery I own, even if it's relatively cheap and cheerful, holds happy memories of special days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now