Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if you post stuff on fb and none of your 300+ friends replies

(17 Posts)
LadyMontdore Fri 09-Sep-11 17:39:31

would you be a bit sad or would you eventually get the message and stop writting such braggy posts? Or both?

dirtydishesmakemesad Fri 09-Sep-11 17:40:32

It would depend what it was and how long they had had to reply!. I would maybe think that alot of the 300 would not be close friends anyway...

HairyGrotter Fri 09-Sep-11 17:41:17

I'd wonder why I had 300+ friends on FB, I only know about 100 ha. I'd say 9/10 of my updates gets a response, would be a bit miffed if I didn't damn it! I'M INTERESTING.

ObiWan Fri 09-Sep-11 17:41:38

If they all have 300+ friends too, they'd be there forever if they replied to everything!

aldiwhore Fri 09-Sep-11 17:41:44

Neither, I never write for response, I write for me, to offload, to amuse myself.... but YANBU. Don't be sad, not stop writing... no one's demanded you shut up, its your page and you can do whatever you like.

Plus if it wasn't for people like you posting braggy posts, Mumsnet would be short of a few moan threads wink

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Fri 09-Sep-11 17:42:10

I don't know. I don't post anything on facebook because I am of the opinion that nobody actually gives a flying fuck if I just got my nails done or I'm having fish for tea grin

TrillianAstra Fri 09-Sep-11 17:42:53

I would think that they were doing something else and not looking at Facebook, or that other posts were more prominent in their newsfeeds.

YABU because you have not asked an AIBU question, by the way. Did you know there is a Facebook section.

LadyMontdore Fri 09-Sep-11 17:45:28

Oh, it is not I who is the poster! It is a friend always posting '... has had an amazing time doing xxx' etc and no one ever comments. It's like everyone ignores her and she doesn't realise why.

LadyMontdore Fri 09-Sep-11 17:46:43

Trilian - why is this not AIBU? If you say AIBU and then the thread title it makes sense?

TrillianAstra Fri 09-Sep-11 17:50:43

OK, fair enough, I guess you could read it like that.

It does rather defeat the point of having a Facebook topic though.

pointydog Fri 09-Sep-11 17:51:26

There are loads of fb posts which no one replies to.

Fb is generally a big pointless thing. People don't care if they get a response or not. It is a fairly detached thing.

PreviouslyonLost Fri 09-Sep-11 18:03:08

Am I alone in thinking of starting an 'AIBU' thread on Feckbook? There's not a lot of love for the ol' Feckbook' on MN. It's my other not so covert RL social networking site.

I'm curious tho' regarding what your post was to be so ignored? If you were not BU, delete all 300 now, they're so NOT worthy of you grin

ViviPru Fri 09-Sep-11 18:06:05

My boasty FB friend has 3 or so loyal followers who lol and smarm at every boasty thing he says. I like it, it amuses me.

Tommy Fri 09-Sep-11 18:08:27

I have a couple of RL friends who occasionally say to me "Didn't you see on my status on FB?"
I have to feign surprise as I have hidden them from my newsfeed as their posts are so dull.....

minimisschief Fri 09-Sep-11 18:23:18

No one likes a boaster. And probably about 30 of the 300 actually care about your posts/you. No one has 300 friends

Splinters Fri 09-Sep-11 19:37:50

I think it's something to do with the way FB is set up actually -- unless you change the default setting (and most people don't), only people with whom you 'regularly interact' will see your status update on their homepage. So this non-interaction is a total self-fulfilling prophecy: not many people see and comment on you today, so even fewer will next time. It is exactly the same with me as well, I think it is for anyone who isn't both hooked on FB and at the centre of a group of friends who are also hooked on FB.

Actually I hate the whole damn business, but just occasionally I find out something important that I wouldn't have otherwise, so I'm still on there. Would misanthropically prefer it not to exist at though..

Floggingmolly Fri 09-Sep-11 19:47:07

Of the 300 "friends", how many are actually your friends?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now