Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to buy stage 3 formula with vouchers?

(13 Posts)
ruledbyheart Fri 09-Sep-11 13:24:01

Right before I go in all guns blazing I need to know wether I am being unreasonable?

My friend just came back from the co-op after I sent him to buy some stage 3 formula for DD3 and told me he was refused to use the healthy start vouchers on it as apprently he can only buy stage 1&2 with them, now I've looked at the vouchers and it states I can buy fresh fruit/veg, milk (fresh/uht) and infant formula, surely that would cover stage 3?
Now this isn't a BF vs FF thread but surely only using them on stage one or two promote FF which is against the law? most babies in the uk are weaned at 6mths so what are they supposed to do for milk if I can't use the vouchers on the formula they are allowed?

BTW I have never had any problems using these vouchers in boots or tesco only the CO-OP.

ruddynorah Fri 09-Sep-11 13:25:26

Just buy first or second stage milk then. They can just have first stage the whole time you know.

ruledbyheart Fri 09-Sep-11 13:29:02

The thing is DD3 has been on stage 3 milk for 4 months I'm not prepared to just change formulas over like that as it could upset her stomach.

TheSugarPlumFairy Fri 09-Sep-11 13:32:10

stage 3 is toddler milk, stage 1 & 2 is infant milk. It is a fine distinction but a distinction none the less. You could just give her full fat cows milk.

ruledbyheart Fri 09-Sep-11 13:35:27

By stage three I mean the 6mths plus formula, the voucher states infant formula well the 6mths stuff is 6mths to a year and under a year old you are an infant?

This is why Im confused.

ruledbyheart Fri 09-Sep-11 13:35:56

DD3 is only 10mths old

TheSugarPlumFairy Fri 09-Sep-11 13:38:27

sorry i misunderstood.
The co-op are being twats. i would complain.

StrandedBear Fri 09-Sep-11 13:39:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Takitezee Fri 09-Sep-11 13:40:13

I had a look on the Healthy Start website and it gives this advice for retailers

What can Healthy Start vouchers be used to buy?

- Plain cow’s milk – whole, semi-skimmed or skimmed. The cow’s milk can be pasteurised, sterilised, long-life or UHT.

- Plain fresh or frozen fruit and veg – whole or chopped, packaged or loose.

- Infant formula milk that says on the packet that it can be used from birth (and is based on cow’s milk).

Presumably stage 3 forumula can't be used from birth and is excluded. It looks as though you have just been lucky they were accepted before.

BertieBotts Fri 09-Sep-11 13:42:17

The co-op are being a bit pedantic! I'd have thought that follow on is still counted as infant formula.

TrillianAstra Fri 09-Sep-11 13:44:40

If they are just following the instructions then they are not BU.

YANBU to not know that was the rule though.

BertieBotts Fri 09-Sep-11 13:45:47

xposted. If that's what the website says then that's fair. They are often inconsistent with what they accept them for anyway. Most places seem to turn a blind eye to the rules.

StrandedBear Fri 09-Sep-11 13:46:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now