Talk

Advanced search

to take my son to the local pool for his swimming lesson, dressed in

(19 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Thu 08-Sep-11 21:02:14

his wetsuit and crocs and dressing gown??

I though I was being super organised and with a baby with me, also it seemed easier!

I obviosuly took his clothes with me and dressed him after.

I only ask as I had a few comments from old ladies....

FabbyChic Thu 08-Sep-11 21:02:55

Sounds good enough to me.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Thu 08-Sep-11 21:05:30

bloody good idea! would you take my DS, too, please?

aldiwhore Thu 08-Sep-11 21:08:05

Perfect, but ..... wetsuit??? Is he swimming in the north sea?

lostinwales Thu 08-Sep-11 21:11:31

When DS3 was small ( and it was summer I hasten to add) I used to take him in his trunks with a robie on and his crocks and then fish him out take off the trunks and take him home in the robie. If he slept well I'd quite often take him to pick up his brothers still dressed like that. No one ever commented but then we are pretty slack parents round here grin

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Thu 08-Sep-11 21:17:17

Tee hee, fab idea lost.

When I say wetsuit, it's more an all on one thing! smile

aldiwhore Thu 08-Sep-11 23:16:55

Perfectly reasonable then, so long as its not a mankini!

dorie Thu 08-Sep-11 23:31:01

I used to take my dd to her swimming lessons dressed in her swimsuit and robe, and flip flops. Once she had her lesson. I showered her and put her in her pj's and robe to go home. Saves all the hassle of getting undressed for bed when we got home. More wine time see ;)

tabulahrasa Thu 08-Sep-11 23:32:29

Depends, is he 3 or 15? Seems a bit cruel to a 15 yr old hmm

AuntiePickleBottom Thu 08-Sep-11 23:34:01

what age is dc.

it's fine if he is also wrapped in a blanket snug in the pram

elphabadefiesgravity Thu 08-Sep-11 23:34:52

Loads of kids at ds's swimming change into PJ's after their swimming class. They are aged between 5-8 years old

ProfessionallyOffendedGoblin Thu 08-Sep-11 23:36:15

I take my 16 year old to kayaking in his wetsuit. His idea, saves time.
But then he's never cared for the opinions of others. smile

Soups Thu 08-Sep-11 23:42:54

Glad you clarified that grin I was imagining him walking down the street in a full wet suit, snorkel, air tank, dressing gown and crocks.

For a young child I'd have no problem doing that. But it was often quicker to put them in swim suit, then top and joggy bottoms over the top, crocs. That way we only needed to whisk off the top layer, then only take socks, pants and a towel with us.

cat64 Thu 08-Sep-11 23:59:14

Message withdrawn

StonedRosie Thu 08-Sep-11 23:59:52

All ok apart from the crocs.
I just can't excuse them.

cat64 Thu 08-Sep-11 23:59:57

Message withdrawn

GrimmaTheNome Fri 09-Sep-11 00:04:18

Girls are lucky, they can just wear a towelling dress over their cossie. In my DDs case she doesn't bother drying after a swim, just sticks on undies and the dress, and crocs or wellies depending on weather.

Actually, Boden sells what looks like towely dresses for boys in their summer catalog, maybe a few get worn on beaches but I can't quite imagine them at the local leisure centre...

sunnydelight Fri 09-Sep-11 08:01:13

I don't see anything wrong with it, but we're in Oz so it's common for kids to arrive for swimming lessons just in swimmers and leave with a towel wrapped around themselves just to keep the seat of the car dry until they get home.

heleninahandcart Fri 09-Sep-11 11:13:22

YANBU 'tis just a British aversion to any kind of wetsuit/all in one and swimming. DS has always worn a rash vest for the sun, been told many times its unnecessary hmm. I love my wetsuit for the sea, I don't do cold water (just because its sunny in the med in May, does not make the sea warm) and have had the same but only from Brits e.g. 'is it actually COLD enough for you to wear that?'. Er, yes...

Now, about those crocs smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now