Talk

Advanced search

to tell everyone how much I love my Mum?

(10 Posts)
Oakmaiden Thu 08-Sep-11 20:39:01

posting in another thread, and it made me think that my Mum always does her best to be there when her children need - or want - her, even now we are well beyond the age where she should have us running around after her.

She has been supportive and non-judgemental through my whole life, and I have had some fairly rocky times where I really needed my Mummy, and she was there.

Just wanted to say that sometimes mother's can get it mostly right, even if we only notice it afterwards. And sometimes I think they have a good deal more knowledge, wisdom and common sense than we give them credit for. I don't think that is unreasonable of me, is it?

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Thu 08-Sep-11 20:45:49

Yanbu

Your very lucky, make sure she knows it too though.

My grandma was how your mum is and I lost her last year to cancer and I never told her enough.

shakey1500 Thu 08-Sep-11 20:45:53

YANBU, only wish the same was true about my mother.

groak Thu 08-Sep-11 20:47:26

My parents are bloody fab, I really don't know how we manage without them, and everything they do, the(seem!) to be doing it because they want to, not because they have to smile

wannabefree Thu 08-Sep-11 20:49:11

yadnbu

Having kids made me realise just how amazing mine is.

Your post made me cry!

usualsuspect Thu 08-Sep-11 20:50:52

yanbu

makes a change to see a positive I love my mum thread on MN

Hannah31 Thu 08-Sep-11 20:55:21

I really really love my Mum! Have never felt a seconds embarassment in my whole life (I mean not even as a mardy teenager), and am seriously lucky, I know! And she's very good at leading me to the right decision without me knowing it. I have actually only just worked this out even though I am 31. A lovely lovely role-model. Must be why I'm so bloody great grin. How the hell do you put one of those smileys in?

CurrySpice Thu 08-Sep-11 20:55:50

Oak that's just fab

And I am very hapy to say that my mom is the same. Helpful, supportivem funny, constant, and wonderful. I adore her.

My dad was the same and I miss him very much

I am so lucky with my family (sister and BiL are equally close) and I agree I should tell them more

Shutupanddrive Thu 08-Sep-11 21:14:11

Of course YANBU just make sure you tell your mum too how much you love and appreciate her. I don't think you appreciate what your parents do/have done for you until you become a parent yourself

LunaticFringe Thu 08-Sep-11 21:18:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now