Talk

Advanced search

to wonder whether there will be ever be...

(5 Posts)
teahouse Thu 08-Sep-11 20:02:47

AIBU to wonder whether there will ever be anything that will make the future worthwhile.

I'm not unhappy and love my kids to bits, but I am so fed up with the pointlessness of everything. I get up pretty early so I can have breakfast with my son before he heads off to college. I go to work - rarely get a lunch hour - work around 9 hours. I then come home, cook tea, do more work, then go to bed, and do it all again.

When I get spare time, there is shopping, washing and cleaning to do. Plus all the usual household things like find insurance, get the car serviced....

I am shattered, have had no real social life for years and can't see any end to this (not very) merry-go-round

KittyFane Thu 08-Sep-11 20:11:43

teahouse- what you are doing is worthwhile but you sound v down.
I think that we all go through phases of feeling like this- the work, washing, cleaning, never-ending boring stuff. Arranging to meet up with family or friend's can break the routine- or go it alone, why not? Go to the pictures or go somewhere you've always wanted to go and just treat yourself.
I have had phases in my life when I have felt Very isolated and worn down by routine. Keep positive and do something you like just for you smile

mousesma Thu 08-Sep-11 20:14:09

Sorry you are feeling this way but if you don't think anything in the future is worthwhile I don't think you can really say that you are not unhappy.

It's a bit of a facile glib answer but you need to find something to do that's just for you and not just part of the daily grind. It looks like your spending all your time working and meeting other peoples needs without looking after yours.

Do you have any friends living locally to you, could you do something like go to the cinema or out to dinner once a month with them so you have something to look forward to?

Crosshair Thu 08-Sep-11 20:18:25

Sounds poo. Try to make time for yourself.(easier said then done)

LineRunner Thu 08-Sep-11 20:23:02

I'm in a similar boat. I saw a colleague at lunchtime today whom I hadn't seen since May, and he said, What's new with you? And I said, Nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now