Talk

Advanced search

to hate the Cath Kidson or Kitson stuff or whatever its called so much that I actually feel quite would up about it!

(83 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Thu 08-Sep-11 14:09:57

It is everywhere, everywhere, EVERYWHERE. Gah.

And while I'm at it, pregnant celebrities who pose for the cameras cradling their bumps. Spew.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 08-Sep-11 14:12:43

I'm with you.

Cath is the work of Satan.

To all pregnant slebs: No dear, you are not the first, other people have had babies too.

aldiwhore Thu 08-Sep-11 14:15:07

I like the odd thing, but I have a friend who's obsessed and her house now looks vile (imvho) .... I have a nice apron and a tea cup. That's enough. They were gifts.

YANBU... I'm going off my much loved apron and cup purely because its 'trendy', and mostly disgusting.

MissRead Thu 08-Sep-11 14:15:35

I quite like some of it but people who say Kitson or write Kath Kidston get right on my bloody nerves. It's Cath Kidston.

Can't abide professional celeb mums though, especially those who write a book about it or do yet another rip off of that Demi Moore pregnant pose.

GandTiceandaslice Thu 08-Sep-11 14:17:27

www.cathkidston.co.uk/p-17022-cath-kidston-spray-flowers-maclaren-quest-buggy.aspx

wink

fanjobanjowanjo Thu 08-Sep-11 14:18:19

I ADORE Cath Kidston. Sorry. I wouldn't top to toe the house in in though.

I am confused by those preggers shots, I don't understand why you would do them! Having said that, I like the bump casts.

Hassled Thu 08-Sep-11 14:18:38

I have a friend whose kitchen is like a shrine to CathK. The mugs, the tablecloth, the carefully on show apron. And the only foodstuff on display are the iconic brands - the Colman's Mustard next to the tin of Tate&Lyle syrup next to the Heinz ketchup. That's something that only Cath fans would do, I'm certain of it.

And yes, pregnant slebs.

In fact, today, most things are winding me up.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 08-Sep-11 14:19:34

Aaaarrrggghhhh at the pram shock.

porcamiseria Thu 08-Sep-11 14:19:47

there is a shop near me and I got some tea towels for the Italian rellies

they were NOT impressed

that learnt me!

SiamoFottuti Thu 08-Sep-11 14:21:16

I have a CKidston browser on my chrome.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 08-Sep-11 14:21:36

I'm so wound up I made a typo in my thread title!

sausagesandmarmelade Thu 08-Sep-11 14:23:08

Have to say I have the spotty cake tin!

But I agree....it can be over done.
Less is more when it comes to CK

paulapantsdown Thu 08-Sep-11 14:27:10

I agree thats its poncey, but ..... we were on the Portabello Rd recently and my DS7 saw the cowboys print duvet in the window and sez he REALLY wants it for his bedroom when its redone soon.

This is a kid who is actually really choosy with clothes etc since he was really small, and actually has really good taste in clothes/music/gifts and other things.

<am secretly hoping that he will be the gay son - but I digress>

Do I concede and buy it for his room?

ScarletLady01 Thu 08-Sep-11 14:31:11

I don't like it...it's not my style AT ALL. And it is ludicrously overpriced IMO.

GandTiceandaslice Thu 08-Sep-11 14:37:19

Do you not want the pram Bibbity? shock

mancbird Thu 08-Sep-11 17:02:22

Yabu ;) I love cath kidston but I wouldn't deck out the house top to bottom in it.

I think a lot of it is very expensive too. I tend to keep my eye out for vintage items that are ck-esque but a fraction of the price smile

FootballFriend Thu 08-Sep-11 17:08:58

YANBU - I don't get invited much in other people's homes but I see the nappy changing bags everywhere.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 08-Sep-11 17:12:15

Oh yes, the nappy changing bags and the handbags - everywhere everywhere everywhere. And it just seriously gets on my tits that it all has to be so bloody twee. I suppose I am having one of those very cliched outbursts against cupcakes and bunting. Its just really got to me today, probably because I have been in the shops a lot this week smile; I don't do shopping as a leisure activity.

Fimbo Thu 08-Sep-11 17:15:24

I have the "stars" gadget case for my mobile. Love it. Love CK but not head to toe.

FootballFriend Thu 08-Sep-11 17:15:27

There's also the nappy bag equivalent for the Viyella clad older middle aged women - the CK shopping bag.

FootballFriend Thu 08-Sep-11 17:16:42

Having said that, I had some fish earrings from CK. They were a bit unusual and I wore them quite happily till someone asked me if I too was a Christian. I think I may have misplaced them since.

FancyALittle Thu 08-Sep-11 17:19:15

Guess who Cath Kidston's cousin is? Yep... Kirstie Allsop.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 08-Sep-11 17:25:42

NO WAY!!!

Oh suddenly it all seems so obvious ...

FootballFriend Thu 08-Sep-11 17:27:39

I was looking through a catalogue (or maybe online) and saw a couple of things I liked but then saw they were KA's designs. I don't want to give her my money, so there. Perhaps my money will go to someone else equally ridiculous but at least I don't know it.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 08-Sep-11 17:56:51

Yes, why do people buy these Jamie Oliver saucepans and Nigella cake tins? Do they think they haven't got enough money?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now