Talk

Advanced search

To be a tad annoyed at nursery because.......

(6 Posts)
blibblibs Wed 07-Sep-11 13:40:28

First day back yesterday and recieved newsletter informing us that nursery would be implementing a uniform and communication book which would be put in their bag everyday along with any paintings etc.

The nursery will be charging £5 for a bag and £9 for a t-shirt. DS already has a t-shirt and bag which we were given last year for free when we paid the admin costs. So would mean he could comply without added expense for us.

However, go to collect him today and all the children run out very excited with their new bags! Bags are different style but same colour and logo and old bag more than able to accomodate the new communication book.

I did not place an order with them or request in other way this new bag so AIBU so be really quite annoyed with them for giving one to my child?

olderyetwider Wed 07-Sep-11 13:42:59

Just thank them nicely for the gift. You didn't order it so needn't pay for it. (If you're anything like me though you'll pay for it rather than rock the boat)

PissesGlitter Wed 07-Sep-11 13:45:14

so he got the uniform without you placing an order?

thank the nursery for the gift

blibblibs Thu 08-Sep-11 12:03:41

Thanks ladies.

May have rocked the boat this morning.
Spoke to the managers this morning and told them that I wasn't happy about them handing out a bag without my requesting one. Was told it would make thier life easier and no one else had a problem so why did I?
After trying to explain, very calmly, that I didn't like the fact they were using my child as a tool to try and make me purchase something one of the nursery teachers told me I should just leave and find another nursery!!

We did have problems at the end of last term when they intoduced a new pricing structure and they ended up having to have a meeting with all the parents to sort it out. Which I thought had been. They are obviously still quite bitter about it and any parent questioning ther methods.

So the question is do I remove my children from a nursery that they love or just put up with bad parent/teacher relations?

MilkNoSugarPlease Thu 08-Sep-11 12:14:10

Um, I don't see what the big deal is?!

Kayano Thu 08-Sep-11 12:16:44

The fact they now expect £14 for something OP already had?!

The fact they gave it directly to the child which means OP never had a choice whiter to buy it or not?

The fact the child may now be disappointed if OP does complain or hand t back?

Extra money's by stealth?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now