Talk

Advanced search

To be scared of my mum?

(10 Posts)
Redumbdancy Wed 07-Sep-11 13:35:23

She's coming round tonight, not on her scheduled night hmm which means something is going down.

Think she's realised I'm pissed off with her complete lack of interest in the DC (amongst other things), which means I'll actually have to deal with the issues instead of alternating between sulking like a teenager and pretending everything is fine.

We have a VERY strained relationship, loads of issues going right back to childhood which is why I sound like a 13yo!

I am actually quite tempted to hide blush

HairyGrotter Wed 07-Sep-11 13:36:15

Do or Die it. Get stuck in

I fully sympathise (does my mum have a secret other family??) I've skirted around all the issues with my mum for decades. I'm sure avoidance isn't good for us in the long run!

Redumbdancy Wed 07-Sep-11 13:51:47

I so want to tell her everything but she has an uncanny ability to cry and make me out to be the bad guy.

zukiecat Wed 07-Sep-11 13:54:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Deesus Wed 07-Sep-11 13:54:49

Might sound silly but before she arrives why don't you write down a list of things you'd like to say. Read it through a few times (or even have it with you!) and you won't get as confused or distracted by crying.

Good luck!

Redumbdancy Wed 07-Sep-11 14:03:37

Glad I'm not alone with the crazy mother issues!

I would write a list but honestly nothing works with her, I can't bring up anything with her without her forcing out some tears and an awful lot of yelling. She has no idea what she did to me as a child, I had CBT too Zukie, I'd love for her to understand but I doubt she'd ever be willing to listen to anything that made her feel bad.

ShoutyHamster Wed 07-Sep-11 14:13:23

Lock doors, close curtains, dress as a clown with a mask and answer the door ''Nobody of THAT name HERE' if you have to...

Vallhala Wed 07-Sep-11 14:16:52

Why have someone in your home and in your company if you don't like them?

Just why? confused

<<shakes head in amazement that anyone would >>

NewChoos Wed 07-Sep-11 14:56:42

Full sympathy. Mother issues here too. Thanks for threads on relationships, I have diagnosed her as narc and this has helped me cope with her somewhat better. Like Zukies advice and this is how I mainly try to tolerate the time when I see her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now