Talk

Advanced search

to have wanted to scream hysterically

(11 Posts)
petal2008 Tue 06-Sep-11 17:59:42

in my local supermarket and run down the aisles sweeping aside all the bloody Christmas selection boxes and Christmas cards in my wake. No wonder I am getting more bah humbug every year. It is September, the kids are just back at school. We have yet to have Bonfire Night and Halloween and the sodding Christmas stuff is out.

flickor Tue 06-Sep-11 18:00:42

can I join you ?

lubeybooby Tue 06-Sep-11 18:05:05

and me! YANBU

Empusa Tue 06-Sep-11 18:07:17

Normally they at least wait till Hallowe'en don't they?!

<goes into hibernation till the Xmas crap stops>

Have you got your sprouts on yet?

changeforthebetter Tue 06-Sep-11 18:12:30

Me too! I bloody hate all the crap that is shoved down our throats between now and the end of December. No, I know you don't have to buy it but your kids will pester and pester for things. There were Halloween things in Matalan in August FGS.

I don't know why the retailers do it as most people loathe it and ramming it down our throats earlier and earlier hasn't let to an increase in sales apart from a few weirdos organised people who like to "sort out Christmas" in September grin

Ah well, starting my PGCE on Monday so unlikely to see the inside of a shop till we break up on 22 December grin

Smellslikecatpee Tue 06-Sep-11 18:12:45

OH FFS, it's ruins Christmas, the build up is so long you're fed up of it all by November

ViviPru Tue 06-Sep-11 18:13:46

What's worse is when the sensible among us pop to Tesco on Dec 23rd to get the Xmas supplies to find its all easter eggs and BBQ gear

picnicbasketcase Tue 06-Sep-11 18:15:24

I saw advent calendars in the shops at the start of the summer holidays.

Who buys them that early? Surely someone in the house would eat all the chocolate out of it long before December?

HeadfirstForHalos Tue 06-Sep-11 18:16:29

Nah, the Easter stuff doesn't come out as ridiculously early as Dec 23rd. They always wait until Boxing Day grin

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 06-Sep-11 18:37:53

I saw mince pies in the Co-op the other day- the use by date was the middle of October. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now