Talk

Advanced search

to expect a cinema to ID children buying tickets for the Inbetweeners movie?

(9 Posts)
sc4rl3t Tue 06-Sep-11 13:57:06

It's a 15, my daughter and her friend are 13. Mine looks younger, friend much older (5'8")
I didn't think they would get in, but they did, obv I wasn't with them at the time but had said I considered it unsuitable, as it's 15 for a reason.
I realise it's my fault but surely the cinema has the responsibility as they have to abide by the law?

MmeLindor. Tue 06-Sep-11 13:58:21

Well, yes it is your fault if you let her go and did not forbid her to go in.

But they should have checked that your DD was 15yo.

lubeybooby Tue 06-Sep-11 14:00:05

Children under 16 have no kind of ID anyway so all they can do is ask birthdate if they look younger - and any kid with a brain will rehearse the correct birthdate to make them '15'

exoticfruits Tue 06-Sep-11 14:10:12

You can't ask for ID when they don't have any. I certainly tried to look older at that age.

dirtydishesmakemesad Tue 06-Sep-11 14:13:06

I would say your dd should be in trouble here as she went into a film she knew was too old and that you had already told her you thought was unsuitable.

CandiceMariePratt Tue 06-Sep-11 14:14:02

My dd aged 13 says lots of her friends have been to see it. It's not a 15 for no reason and I would be horrified if I thought she had lied about her age and seen it.

sc4rl3t Tue 06-Sep-11 14:25:46

she is in big trouble, a bad way to start the new term though and I'm hoping this is not the beginning of evil teenage ways...
At 13 they don't really know what they are innocent of, that's why it's a 15 - there's a big difference though it's only a matter of months.

plainwhitet Tue 06-Sep-11 14:54:57

At our local Vue the teenagers are indeed asked for ID for 15 movies and my DD's friends now go equipped with photocopies of passports etc; or you can get a ProveYourAge card (available on internet somewhere); my DD is a v old looking 15 so needs proof for child fares on buses/trains etc, whilst she has v young looking friends who need proof to get into films.

halcyondays Tue 06-Sep-11 15:02:09

I remember as teenagers we used to go to see 15 rated films from about the age of 13, we were never asked for i.d and none of us looked any older than we were. If anything, we looked quite young for our age. My parents never knew. Ime there is never anything that bad in a 15, if it was that bad it would be an 18.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now