Talk

Advanced search

DH was sick in my shoe

(20 Posts)
PeelMeAnOrange Tue 06-Sep-11 13:25:59

DH is just getting over food poisoning and tends to puke all of a sudden and with no warning at the moment. So last night after I'd gone to bed he apparantly got caught short in the living room (where we've just bought a new carpet) so reached for my shoe and was sick in it!! Didn't bother to tell me so when I got up this morning I went into the living room and saw some mess all over my shoe, picked it up and realised what it was, threw it in panic and now there's sick on the wall too. (and the shoes were work shoes).

AIBU to think that a) there must have surely been a better solution than to puke in a shoe? b) he could have washed it immediately, not just left it festering in the living room all night and c) he could have told me!!!??

redexpat Tue 06-Sep-11 13:29:33

a) Look around the room. IS there anything else he could have puked in?
b) Possibly. Certainly could have emptied it and got the worst off.
c) Definitely.

PeelMeAnOrange Tue 06-Sep-11 13:31:21

a) to be fair, only a cup which I suppose is even more gross.

I still think he could have done b and c though.

Cheria Tue 06-Sep-11 13:31:27

Agree with redexpat. Poor bloke though, I'm sure he must be feeling pretty ill to do that so I'd go easy on him and keep the anecdote to embarass him at a later date.

TheCrackFox Tue 06-Sep-11 13:46:37

Just be glad it wasn't on your new carpet.

He should have told you though but, you have to admit, it makes quite a good anecdote.

Balsam Tue 06-Sep-11 14:03:23

I would exploit this situation for a new pair of shoes, paid for by him.

Merrin Tue 06-Sep-11 14:18:15

Just think what a lovely time you will having buying new shoes while he looks after the children and vomits copiously into a suitable recepticle! grin

GeekStinkBreath Tue 06-Sep-11 14:21:31

Wrap the bastard around his neck. I'd go fucking ape shit if my husband did that to an item of mine. He'd have had the shoe rammed right down his throat. He'd have been shitting it out and then cleaning that up too.

LydiaWickham Tue 06-Sep-11 14:24:54

new shoes, new shoes, new shoes!!!!

picnicbasketcase Tue 06-Sep-11 14:25:17

I wouldn't be that angry about it happening, but most definitely would be about the leaving it there and not saying anything.

MmeLindor. Tue 06-Sep-11 14:27:01

I would say that it warrants at least one new pair of shoes.

One to replace the ruined ones, and one for the trauma.

Why was he not carrying a bucket around if he needs to puke suddenly?

limitedperiodonly Tue 06-Sep-11 14:30:49

How stupidly unprepared of him.

Whenever I was feeling sick my mum used to make me lie down with a washing up bowl clamped under my chin.

Possibly not the most hygienic of arrangements.

Definitely new shoes.

chocolateyclur Tue 06-Sep-11 14:35:25

New shoes. 2 pairs. One for replacement, one for the mental scarring.

And yes to the "why not carry around a bucket" question. Maybe I've got good control, but I've managed morning sickness, ongoing migraine sickness and lots of norovirus strains without random pukage since being very young.

CocktailQueen Tue 06-Sep-11 14:41:04

Agree with the bucket suggestion - if either of mine are feeling sick I make them take around a clean washing up bowl with them wherever they go!

Agree you should get at least 1 pair of new shoes out of this - even if feeling rough, your h should have told you and NOT left the shoes for you to find! Bleurgh. Hope he's better soon...

CurrySpice Tue 06-Sep-11 14:43:56

If he's been suddenly sick then why the fuck has he not got a sick bowl with him

I would be really cross tbh, espcially at him for not clearing it up

Who the fuck does he think is going to clear up his vomit for him?

That's just gross and selfish and lazy

MadamDeathstare Tue 06-Sep-11 14:45:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 06-Sep-11 14:53:24

My first thought was "where was the bucket?". Especially when he knows he "tends to puke all of a sudden", and this has presumably been going on for some days now, if he is getting over food poisoning. And absolutely no excuse for not clearing it up, or at least telling you if he was too woosy fragile to do it himself. I speak as one prone to "random puking" (great phrase) - DH looks nervous if I cough too hard. I never got rid of the nappy buckets for just this reason!

But since it has happened now, I can only agree with LydiaWickham - "new shoes, new shoes, new shoes!!!!" grin And possibly a new bucket for future ahem 'incindents'.

Dancergirl Tue 06-Sep-11 14:59:38

Reminds me of the post about someone pooing in a sock....

He must have good aim, surely the opening in a shoe isn't v big....? confused

Poledra Tue 06-Sep-11 15:03:36

Yeuch!! DD2 had a terrible vomiting bug recently and managed to always be sick in a bucket or toilet over 2 days, including during a short car trip we had to make. She carried a bucket round with her just in case. She's 5.

And just leaving it there to fester - bleurgh!

limitedperiodonly Tue 06-Sep-11 15:07:07

I felt carsick a few years ago and spent the journey with a carrier bag under my chin.

We stopped and I felt better and was about to screw the bag up when I got this overwhelming urge to puke. I still managed to straighten the bag, puke neatly into it and simultaneously duck down the side of the car so as few people as possible saw me.

DH was very impressed though he did wonder for a moment where I'd gone.

Your DH is useless. Several pairs of shoes are in order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now