Talk

Advanced search

to think that some of the threads started recently about affairs

(3 Posts)
DuelingFanjo Tue 06-Sep-11 12:24:53

are possibly started by people who want to prove a theory that mumsnetters will give different advice to a woman having an affair to the advice they would give to a man having an affair?

but that mostly these threads just prove that

a. every circumstance is different.
b. generally mumsnetters do not condone having an affair or keeping an affair secret.
c. the consensus is normally that people should split up with their partner before starting another relationship and lying to someone makes you a bit of a shit whatever sex you are as it doesn't give them any choices.

nametapes Tue 06-Sep-11 12:30:24

Maybe, but not always.
Some people jsut need to get it off their chests and tell someone and get some advice.
I dont think anyone feels ok about having an affair.. i certainly didnt. If if my ex DH was a total selfish mean arrogant domineering man.

DuelingFanjo Tue 06-Sep-11 12:43:05

I am suggesting that some of them aren't real. Not that people are hijacking genuine threads to make a point but that they are starting threads (as men) and then others are (possibly incahoots) coming on to moan about how if it was a woman posting the answers would be different. Or even starting threads as a woman and then trying to find evidence that mumsnetters respond differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now