Talk

Advanced search

Bloody cuts! Thanks, Coalition!

(23 Posts)
aliceliddell Tue 06-Sep-11 11:53:06

I'm disabled. Dp at work p/t. My assistant can't come in because her sn dc can't go to school because her TA got made redundant. (My cover assistant not available today). So I don't eat/drink/use toilet from 9am-2pm. Got to pay that 'deficit', get your priorities right. Direct cuts to eg DLA aren't the only ones that affect us. Is this reasonable? Really?

worraliberty Tue 06-Sep-11 12:00:13

I'm so sorry you're in this position but actually it seems you're in it because your cover assistant is unavailable.

You usual assistant might have been ill today and it would still leave you without the cover.

It's not good enough though, why is the cover unavailable? sad

Xales Tue 06-Sep-11 12:00:56

Come on alice you are being a little unfair.

Those at the top earning mega bucks have to pay a fortune on the tax they don't managed to evade out of the country. Plus don't forget a fortune in petrol and road tax for what ever car they decide to use this day of the week.

As for the people that make these decisions. You can't expect them to make these decisions that affect them in the slightest.

You are disabled. You are just a mill around the neck of these decent people. Sit and suffer for a few hours so they can keep a few £££ you selfish woman!!!!

OK rant over.

Are you anywhere within 20 miles of Camberley? If so I will happily get in my car and come and help you out for a little. Any further than that and I think your DP will be back before I got there.

The way we treat our elders and less able says everything about this country sad.

It is completely unreasonable. Can you get some of the clever people on here to help you prepare a decent email to your MP?

Xales Tue 06-Sep-11 12:02:17

What is going to happen long term with your assistant and her son? sad

Cocoflower Tue 06-Sep-11 12:04:24

Thats awful.

Ring your council at once they must have some emergency care in place

aliceliddell Tue 06-Sep-11 12:21:23

Thanks Xales! Don't let anyone hear you say that or you'll be running all Social Services in the South East area Big Society volunteers network. Long term re the assistant's son (dd actually smile) - this is a whole thread to itself, she had similar catastrophic 'care' with ds; basically, the 'system' closes ranks and she's left to get on with it. Typical if you have sn dc's. I need to get another relief asst long term, but that's not the point, stop ruiningmy bloody rant by suggesting solutions, dammit!

Xales Tue 06-Sep-11 12:29:43

Sorry blush

I was going to suggest that your DP could maybe make you a flask or something close by before leaving for work just in case..... Sorry don't want to pry into your disabilities to know if this is doable.

However if you couldn't get to use the toilet that could be even worse!!!!

It is short sighted. If your primary assistant now has to give up her work because she has to look after her DD then that is another person wanting money from the state to support them, less going into the state and leaves the state having to find another qualified person to support you plus paying for the TA until she can get another job! So the state now paying for 4 (if you include the tax loss from your assistant) for 1 made redundant.

aliceliddell Tue 06-Sep-11 12:33:17

Yes, we've done the flask/nappy option before, but this time didn't know she couldnt come til after dp had gone out. <arse feck drink girls>

BrawToken Tue 06-Sep-11 12:41:03

Applauds Xales!! I am on a/l today and have made 3 work phone calls to sort out incompetence (social care). Now writing a report (ok, Mumsnetting, but you know what I mean grin)

BrawToken Tue 06-Sep-11 12:42:38

Sorry posted too soon - Alice, you poor thing. Sounds really crap for you - if you were near Edinburgh I'd come and keep you company.

BrawToken Tue 06-Sep-11 12:44:00

Do you have to pay sick pay to your assistant or could you call a local care agency to come in for an hour? <<assuming you have a dp>>

BrawToken Tue 06-Sep-11 12:45:25

*DP as in Direct Payment grin
I am really taking over this thread now

2shoes Tue 06-Sep-11 12:46:11

so sorry you are going through this,
but glad you have advertised the knock on affects of the cuts

wikolite Tue 06-Sep-11 12:54:45

The problem is that the cover isn't available which sounds more like administrive incompetance rather than as a result of the cuts.

CurrySpice Tue 06-Sep-11 13:01:38

No wiko the problem is that the helper's DC's TA has been made redundant = cuts

It stinks OP, it really does angry. I hate this lot of self-satisfied I'm-alright-Jack bunch of knobs in power

aliceliddell Tue 06-Sep-11 13:07:29

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm quite touched by the offers of help <dabs eye with snotty bit of bog roll lace hanky> I must get relief cover sorted... yes, I get DP, the money, sick pay etc isn't a prob. Just wanted to moan, really, and reiterate what Curry said

BrawToken Tue 06-Sep-11 13:08:30

It sucks angry

purplepidjin Tue 06-Sep-11 13:29:50

Alice, it's a bit late now but are you anywhere near your username's burial place? If so, you're local to me and I have experience... PM me if you're stuck smile

scrambedeggs Tue 06-Sep-11 13:32:25

any govt would have made the same cuts anyway

seems they are ok as long as they dont affect anyone, especially YOU (generic you)

shrugs

StealthPolarBear Tue 06-Sep-11 13:33:45

"aliceliddell Tue 06-Sep-11 12:33:17
Yes, we've done the flask/nappy option before, but this time didn't know she couldnt come til after dp had gone out. <arse feck drink girls>"

fuck that's bad. angry for you. Don't worry though - somewhere you are making a fat cat very happy.
Fancy going to the newspapers? Not the Daily Mail, obviously, but someone somewhere should be publicising this.

StealthPolarBear Tue 06-Sep-11 13:34:26

scrambed, when was the last time you, as an adult, wore a nappy?

aliceliddell Wed 07-Sep-11 10:18:54

It's true that any probable govt would have made the same cuts, which is why I have no faith in New Tories Labour any more than the old Tories or disguised Tories Lib Dems; also true I should get better relief cover sorted. But it doesn't alter the fact that a disabled person (which happens to be me this time) had nothing to eat or drink for 5 hours because a TA got 'let go'. And Stealth indicates, not an acceptable situation. Thanks for listening.

aliceliddell Wed 07-Sep-11 10:20:19

Yes, Stealth we may well go to local paper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now