Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think what's the point?

(17 Posts)
Mitmoo Tue 06-Sep-11 10:38:42

Just over seven weeks of the holiday and son returns to school today. It is now time to collect him as he finishes at 11 am.

Sweet you might think for a four year old to get settled in slowly but he is freakin 14!!!!!!! What's the point in having them in for two hours?

PanthroTheDeadly Tue 06-Sep-11 10:40:19

Tere is no point. Wy is e fininsing so early?

caramelwaffle Tue 06-Sep-11 10:40:26

Is it just for the one day?

PanthroTheDeadly Tue 06-Sep-11 10:40:57

Excuse me, appear to have something lodged under my H key... blush

Shinyshoes1 Tue 06-Sep-11 10:41:32

LOL. Why only for 2 hours, It hardly seems worth it like you say.

My DS1 started late today to enable the littler ones (year 7) settle in before the big boys turn up grin

crazynanna Tue 06-Sep-11 10:43:56

My girl's school is even worse.
She (yr9) goes in at 2pm....*in full iniform*...for one hour hmm,in order to get to get their diaries/lessons.

I think it is to give the new year 7s' a day to settle in,which is good,but couldn't they give the diaries out on the first full day?

GypsyMoth Tue 06-Sep-11 10:44:25

Our schools start the new school year back in June. That way the dead weeks of July become the early anxious first few weeks of the new year, so come September, everyone is familiar with new timetables, lockers, classrooms, new teachers etc, so there is no wasted time, they are straight into learning!

Mitmoo Tue 06-Sep-11 10:46:04

Pant o [smile eartily, sorry heartily emoticon]

I have no idea I guess it's just to give out planners, new ties and admin stuff but why not have them back for the whole day and do lessons afterwards. It's a waste of time and a new school uniform for the day.

Fingers crossed my son's shoes pass the gestapo's checks.

angry

ArseyContarsie Tue 06-Sep-11 10:47:25

it's not a new uniform for the day is it?

are you going to bin it and have a fresh 'new' one for tomorrow?

Mitmoo Tue 06-Sep-11 10:55:14

A clean uniform if it suits you better. Would you like a pedant prize? here have a thesaurus [rolly eye emoticon]

Just had a call the website is wrong they are in all day. Brewery and piss up anyone?

ArseyContarsie Tue 06-Sep-11 10:56:43

thanks <puts new book in bookcase>

create Tue 06-Sep-11 10:56:50

That's a great idea Tiffany. I swear my DCs were wound down for the holidays by the beginning of June. I didn't see a single piece of homework after that.

I know what Mitmoo means- she'll have to wash it and give him a clean one tomorrow smile Not sure I would though blush

cantspel Tue 06-Sep-11 10:59:54

why are you collecting a 14 year old from school?

Baring SEN every 14 year old i know would rather walk in a snow blizard than run the risk of his school mates seeing him with his mum.

GypsyMoth Tue 06-Sep-11 11:03:38

Mitmoo ds has SEN afaik

cantspel Tue 06-Sep-11 11:06:51

ah that explains it then.

My 15 year old is in a SEN school but never gets an early day as he has transport provided and the education dept wont faff about rearranging pick up times.

Cocoflower Tue 06-Sep-11 11:12:10

"Sweet you might think for a four year old to get settled in slowly but he is freakin 14!!!!!!!"

grin That made me laugh!

Mitmoo Tue 06-Sep-11 16:39:07

coco happy to bring a smile.

arsey No charge grin

can't yep he is HFA, can't do the whole bus thing, too loud, too rough, mind you I don't think that has to be an AS thing, I wouldn't fancy getting on a school bus either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now