Talk

Advanced search

I'm pissed off when DH calls

(43 Posts)
Nagoo Mon 05-Sep-11 18:19:39

to look at the children when they are being cute and/ or entertaining.

I've seen it all before.

All day long they do this stuff. By 6.30 when he gets in to put them in the bath I just want to tidy up and get them into bed as soon as humanely possible.

I don't want to look at the baby with a bubble beard. I want to look at the baby asleep.

cleanteeth Mon 05-Sep-11 18:23:03

LOL grin
Bless him, he's probably just happy to see them!

attheendoftheday Mon 05-Sep-11 19:16:56

Sorry but I think YAB a bit U. He sounds sweet. But you sound tired so can be forgiven for being a grumpy.

attheendoftheday Mon 05-Sep-11 19:17:56

*a bit grumpy

I know exactly where you are coming from, but he only wants to share the good bits with you.

PureBloodMuggle Mon 05-Sep-11 20:02:27

grin

I know exactly what you mean!!!

I suppose I have to say YAB a tiny bit U, seeing he's just so delighting with his kids he wants to share BUT Y mostly ANBU because you have seen it all and he could simply delight in it all by himself as there really isn't a need to share

How about you call him through out the day each time baby does something cute? inserts evil grin smilie

MangoMonster Mon 05-Sep-11 20:10:15

I know exactly what you mean! Lol. But yabu.

Nagoo Mon 05-Sep-11 20:19:43

I'd love to PBM but he has a job where he can't have his phone on.

Maybe I'll video it all and get him to watch it when he sits down to play on the PS3.

robotlollypopman Mon 05-Sep-11 20:26:12

Yabu. And miserable.

Hassled Mon 05-Sep-11 20:27:15

grin. I do know exactly what you mean.

lucky24 Mon 05-Sep-11 20:29:38

so true, my DH does similar but more along the lines of, i get the first chance to sit down in peace all day and DH says go and give mummy a cuddle/kiss

Callisto Mon 05-Sep-11 20:29:47

You sound quite mean, actually. Especially the 'I've seen it all before' comment. Nice.

mummyandpig Mon 05-Sep-11 20:31:29

grin my dh does this too. He does it to our friends too and you can just see them dying inside ha ha. It is annoying but endearing as well!

MrsBloomingTroll Mon 05-Sep-11 20:32:18

OP, I know exactly where you're coming from!

Words that make my heart sink are "Go and show Mummy", said by DH to DD. No, don't go and show Mummy! Mummy is trying to load/unload the dishwasher/washing machine or read Mumsnet and does not want to be disturbed!

KurriKurri Mon 05-Sep-11 20:34:33

I was with you until you mentioned the bubble beard. I would always want to look at a baby with a bubble beard grin

Nagoo Mon 05-Sep-11 20:39:11

TBH I did go and look at the bubble beard smile

But I know she can pull herself up, or whatever, I've been watching her do it for the 11 hours he's been out of the house.

Am I supposed to pretend that it's an amazing revelation? I know I am a bit mean. I love it that he is so excited about our children's development/ talent/ beauty. I just wish he could enjoy it by himself.

AnyFucker Mon 05-Sep-11 20:44:16

ah, he needs an audience to appreciate his own dc ?

that's a bit annoying, actually

YANBU when it is happening a lot

tell him to just get on with it

Mitmoo Mon 05-Sep-11 20:47:42

I'd have traded you with my ex who would stay in the pub till the little one was asleep. Be glad he wants to share his joy and pride with you.

AnyFucker Mon 05-Sep-11 20:48:30

that is a good point, mitmoo

DoMeDon Mon 05-Sep-11 20:48:35

YABU - tell him how you feel, speak up then sit down with some wine

AnyFucker Mon 05-Sep-11 20:48:50

perhaps he could do it without an audience though smile

TheOriginalFAB Mon 05-Sep-11 20:49:40

This afternoon DD made me go and look and lots of, admittedly cute, kitten photos on the internet. The other day she made me go and look and my cat who she thought was being cute but who I actually knew was hiding there to get some peace hmm.

FredBare Mon 05-Sep-11 20:50:29

if he was a miserable git who shouted at the kids and moaned about his dinner, you would have something to grizzle about

DoMeDon Mon 05-Sep-11 20:52:32

It's not an audience though is it - it's his DW, DM to their DC - I can really identify with wanting someone to share that with. He sounds like a goodun though- would he not tkae it well if you said 'I've had enough of how cute they are love - marvel on your own xx'?

zukiecat Mon 05-Sep-11 20:59:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now