Talk

Advanced search

Next door neighbours night time "activities" can be heard loud and clear...

(37 Posts)
TettyLouBar Mon 05-Sep-11 13:26:28

Our bedroom is next to theirs, and they are very loud...her...AND him. EVERY saturday and now becoming more often during the week. I'm a light sleeper, DH is away with work so I listen out for kids even more than usual and next doors "antics" have started to wake me if I'm asleep. Its horrendous.
I even had to listen to them the night I went into LABOUR with DD2. Do I say anything????
(Nearly woke DD1 other night as she's in room next to me) sad

Mitmoo Mon 05-Sep-11 13:27:46

Bang on the wall, they're banging on yours. grin

TettyLouBar Mon 05-Sep-11 13:29:03

Have considered it. Its not banging so much as literally "howling", walls are paper thin. sad

picnicbasketcase Mon 05-Sep-11 13:30:43

Could you maybe try doing something else in your room equally loudly so they can tell how thin the walls are? Maybe it might then sink in that if they can hear you, you can hear them?
Or depending on what the arrangement of houses are, put a note through their letterbox. It would work if you're in terraced houses because they wouldn't be sure who had sent it. If it's semi-detached, obviously that's no good.
If you do say something and they don't try to keep it down, I assume the next step is enviromental health.

Mitmoo Mon 05-Sep-11 13:30:52

I'd bang the walls it's really inconsiderate.

lubeybooby Mon 05-Sep-11 13:31:09

Change your wifi network name to wecanhearyoushagging or investinagagffs

drcrab Mon 05-Sep-11 13:31:18

OMG - I could have posted this... I was just thinking that yesterday AFTERNOON whilst I was trying to take a nap (as DD doesn't sleep)... I've no idea what to do.

HeadfirstForHalos Mon 05-Sep-11 13:31:56

Next time they "finish" give them a long loud round of applause. If you can wolf whistle chuck a few of those in too.

Mitmoo Mon 05-Sep-11 13:32:27

LOL at Lubey.

Flisspaps Mon 05-Sep-11 13:32:58

I agree with Headfirst - definitely a round of applause with some whistling and cheering.

PissesGlitter Mon 05-Sep-11 13:33:16

my sister had this problem when she was about 14 i think
she could hear them most nights but lost the plot one night when she wasnt well
banged on the wall like a mad man screaming ''shut the fuck up''
those neighbours never looked at either of us again

picnicbasketcase Mon 05-Sep-11 13:33:23

Like the wifi idea - 'NoisyShaggingNeighbours' would be good.

mummymeister Mon 05-Sep-11 13:34:11

wouldnt normally advise this because this type of noise can actually be a statutory noise nuisance so you could go through your local council. However my advice to you is to get some music with a heavy base and every time it starts blast them with it really loud and then stop and wait. Face the speakers to the wall, touching if possible and just keep doing it. unless of course you are feeling really brave and want to go round there and have a little chat with them!!

Rowena8482 Mon 05-Sep-11 13:36:56

Just shout "she's faking and I wish she'd hurry up about it" as she er, creschendos...

Iwantscallops Mon 05-Sep-11 13:39:45

Have been in your situation and don't envy you. They will be well aware that the walls are paper-thin.

Just go around the following morning and ask them to be more considerate. They will be more embarassed than you.

Just remember though, you can hear them and they can probably hear you!

TettyLouBar Mon 05-Sep-11 13:42:24

Yes Headfirst! that sounds like a fab idea. picnic we are semi-detached. sad Its one in a long list of "issues" I have with them. Since they moved in last winter we've had really loud arguements out in the Garden in her mobile phone (she's a smoker so she's outside a lot) She screams and shouts when she's drunk on the phone. DD1's window HAS to be closed at weekends as night times you can almost guaruntee there'll be dramas.

A couple of weeks ago she had a massive fall-out with somebody on her mobile and it went on until about 2am. THEN, next day she was out in the garden sat on her daughters swing smoking and telling her other friends about in the phone saying things like..."she's apparently a hooker anyway" etc etc
DD! was out in the garden playing and heard it all, came running into kitchen and asked "Mummy, whats a hooker?" GRRRRRR!

She came around to apologise for the noise over the weekend a few days later and I told her that I was NOT impressed and that it woke DD1 and that she over heard the conversations in garden the following day and was asking me what a hooker was and she just said "well I'm sorry about that but the arguement was justfied because what she did was...." and started spouting off again! blah blah blah
I said "I know what the arguement was about, I got the jist of THAT the other night when I had no choice but to listen"
She apologised and asked if I wanted to have coffee with her!?!?!?
i PLAINLY said no thanks.

Few weeks later I felt bad that I had been a little harsh so I stopped in street on school run to take DD to creche and she said "Hi, can't stop, gotta get home and wait for the f*cking boiler man, f*cking boiler is f*cked" !!!!
(DD was sttod next to me holding my hand, agog.) she's only just 3yrs old.
That was it for me, I wash my hands of her.

and now the sex is becoming more frequent - ughhhh!

hopenglory Mon 05-Sep-11 13:42:34

Give them marks out of 10 - it'll be like the ice skating. They can earn points for stamina, style and the technical difficulties of what they are undertaking.

Or, talk to them.

wildfig Mon 05-Sep-11 13:43:36

Put your speakers against the wall and start playing the soundtrack to Joseph and his Technicolour Dreamcoat every time they start. It's technically impossible to sustain an erection while listening to Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Andrewofgg Mon 05-Sep-11 13:45:44

DW and I were once in a hotel in Hong Kong where the rooms were "offset" horizontally IYSWIM - every room had six neighbours. One night one of them had a furious row, and next morning we saw them sitting bolt upright at breakfast studiously ignoring each other.

But that night they had a reconciliation, and from when I first noticed it until the magnificent climax was forty-two minutes.

Cue shouts of Bravo and loud applause from other rooms - DW and I did not join in - you know, No Sex Please, We're British and all that.

We saw them again at breakfast the next day looking ever so much happier with the world . . .

AnotherJaffaCake Mon 05-Sep-11 13:46:14

We used to have a neighbour like this too. It was a hot summer, and she used to leave her bedroom window open (so everyone could hear presumably grin). And she had more than one boyfriend (don't know if they knew that though!). Fortunately she moved house so we didn't have to put up with it for too long.

lubeybooby Mon 05-Sep-11 13:46:22

wildfig Hahahaaahaaa yes do that OP, oh please do....

TettyLouBar Mon 05-Sep-11 13:46:32

wildfig PMSL
I dont think they would know who Lloyd Webber was IYSWIM

Planetofthegrapes Mon 05-Sep-11 13:47:04

Yea mummymeister

Play "Je t'aime" by Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin, or "Love to love you baby" by Donna Summer, or a cheesy Barry White number when the bedroom antics start up.

Not so much a statutory noise nuisance before 11pm, so let 'em have it!

spookshowangellovesit Mon 05-Sep-11 13:51:04

arghhhh are you my neighbour????? i am terrified of this. i can hear her cough and do her dishes and walk around and things. so when i got new man and we were at it like rabbits that one time after a crescendo i heard the toilet flush next door i was mortified, but what the hell do you do if you are in the zone you are in the zone.

TettyLouBar Mon 05-Sep-11 13:53:36

spook I still think even though you are in the zone you could execute SOME self control surely? I wouldn't dream of making as much noise as they have as I know that they can hear me! I guess it's a very personal thing, but that to me makes it even more important to keep it personal between you and your DP!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now