Talk

Advanced search

To think he could have used a payphone

(9 Posts)
cuteboots Mon 05-Sep-11 12:26:42

Ok my little boys dad has been calling him everyday mainly just before he goes to bed and as hes now really attached to him and waits for this call every eve. So his dad went out Friday night and lost his phone apparently! No calls over the weeknd leading to a really upset and unhappy seven year old! Am I wrong to think he could have used a payphone??

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 05-Sep-11 12:27:50

YANBU... Doesn't he have a landline?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 05-Sep-11 12:29:06

Does he know the number off by heart? I knkw my landline number but nkt my own mobile! (Or anyone else's)

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 05-Sep-11 12:29:31

Know, not. Grr.

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-11 12:33:15

He could have used a payphone, but it may not have occured to him.

Just make this the plan for the future, don't make it a problem.

Try to explain to your DS that there are times when he may not be able to phone and ask your ex to let your DS know the night before. You could put it down to your ex not being able to get a signal, your DS doesn't have to know he is going out.

cuteboots Mon 05-Sep-11 12:34:39

Cogitoergosometimes-He doesnt have a landline! Im still so annoyed by this and cant even bring myself to talk to him about this at the mo as I know id shout at him! GRRRR

cuteboots Mon 05-Sep-11 12:37:00

birdsgottafly-Good feedback thank you.

LittleMissFlustered Mon 05-Sep-11 12:37:55

If I lost my phone there are only half a dozen or so people who I would be able to ring from a payphone as I am not good with remembering numbers. It could just be that he has no written record of your number.

I think you are overreacting a bit.

cuteboots Mon 05-Sep-11 12:43:15

Littlemissflustered-I admit Im probably a bit over protective as he hasnt been seeing his son for that long after an absence of a few years! I do try and chill out a bit but its really hard I have to say when youve done all the groundwork for so many years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now