Talk

Advanced search

to secretly hope my dad cant find a job..

(7 Posts)
biddysmama Mon 05-Sep-11 11:18:12

i live in lancashire, dad moved to southern ireland when he met a woman who lives there, they have 2 children (my brothers) ive met the oldest once and not met the youngest, hes met my middle child twice and my youngest once

i cant afford to go there and he cant afford to come here, he got made redundant 2 years ago and there is no work at all where he lives (middle of no where)

he said that if he doesnt find work soon they are moving back to england

i feel like a bitch but i hope they do!

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 05-Sep-11 11:19:41

Would it make them sad to have to move back to england?

Rowena8482 Mon 05-Sep-11 11:50:23

Well if they move back to England and he can then find a job, that would be a good thing all round wouldn't it? smile
It's understandable that you'd like your family to be near enough to visit more often.

TrillianAstra Mon 05-Sep-11 12:16:30

So you're hoping that your Dad can't find a job so that he and his wife and their children will move far away from his wife's family, who the children know very well because they have lived near them their whole lives, and instead move close to you, who the children do not know? And this move will be made at a stressful time with little money and no guarantee that he will find a job here?

A bit selfish, I'd say.

cleanteeth Mon 05-Sep-11 12:21:26

It is selfish but I can see why you're thinking it smile

Birdsgottafly Mon 05-Sep-11 12:28:29

It's understandable that you feel like that. If they have to move try to make it as possitive as possible for them all.

I have friends from SI and they have had to move to go to uni, work etc, so there are pros as well as cons, for them all.

Could they not visit, whilst your dad is unemployed?

On the plus side, if they do stay, try to organise to go to them, SI is beautiful.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 05-Sep-11 13:22:30

YABU... It's Ireland, not Australia and it's your Dad's life, not yours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now