Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? Yes HUGELY, actually. Come here and I'll tell you all about it.

(89 Posts)
RealityVonCrapp Mon 05-Sep-11 08:22:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GooseyLoosey Mon 05-Sep-11 08:25:30

Wow - I'll swop you tour DH for mine and then you could have a completely justified scream at him for failing to do any housework!

rubyrubyruby Mon 05-Sep-11 08:25:51

RollingInTheAisles Mon 05-Sep-11 08:26:07

Normally I'm sympathetic to the OP in threads like these often when everyone else isn't but really, your husband sounds like a saint. I do know what you mean about it's annoying how slow they can be at stuff like this but really, he sounds lovely, and you sound ungrateful, sorry.

cantspel Mon 05-Sep-11 08:26:12

I am a horrible, hard to please, miserable cowbag.

Agreed. Looks like some poor blokes cant win whatever they do.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Mon 05-Sep-11 08:26:45

Ah, Reality, I do look forward to your daily weekly pregnancy-fuelled rants. I think my favourite bit was "I was up to a good bit in my book". May I show my DH these threads when I am as pregnant as you?

Yes, of course you're being unreasonable. That amount of housework would take us a day as well - mind you, we have a toddler in the house who takes up a lot of time and creates mess as fast as you can tidy it, but still. Have some chocolate, kiss your lovely DP and say sorry.

VeronicaCake Mon 05-Sep-11 08:35:20

I'm guessing you are in the late stages of pregnancy? I burst into tears and refused to eat at that point when lovely DH brought me breakfast in bed and there was too much milk on the cereal. I also made him dig up the best part of a ton of gravel from our back yard in case our (then unborn) baby hurt her little feet on it.

Anyway, YANBU, late pregnancy sucks and if you have two kids already your DH knows this by now and will probably forgive you. Hope your baby turns up promptly and in good health.

TigBits Mon 05-Sep-11 08:38:44

You sound just like me, only I've now learnt to smile gratefully while screaming on the inside at the thought of having to spend my child free Monday morning un-doing all this 'helpfulness'.

RollingInTheAisles Mon 05-Sep-11 08:38:48

Oh, late pregnancy? Then YANBU, I hope he brought you lots of cups of tea and cooked a nice lunch too? grin

BoisJacques Mon 05-Sep-11 08:42:56

Oh, my DH does this! But not even a good job. I will think "oh, lets get X, Y and Z done, we can have it bashed out by about 9am" Like hell we do. We spend the whole day doing dribs and drabs and then do not get out. This week I am planning to have everything done by Friday evening so there is nothing to do but go out this weekend. I went for a nap on Sunday and DH had the audacity to let me sleep too long. Cunt.

LoveBeingIgnoredByMardyBra Mon 05-Sep-11 08:46:23

Pmsl yes you are but that's ok cause it's right were you should be. Guess the answer to the last thread was no grin

Have to say I love your dh, what a perfect thing to say.

FYI I apologised to my dh before I went to bed last night (at 8pm) as I had been bitching to him all day. Including a not very nice threat which I half meant didn't mean blush. His parents proper pissed me off just turning up and doing some work in the garden. Had a horrible weekend and was up from 3-5:30 this morning as dd is still playing up at night.

Hope you have a better day today.

ConstanceNoring Mon 05-Sep-11 08:48:49

envy

That is all

hester Mon 05-Sep-11 08:49:09

You're just a crazy pregnant lady. Mad as a hoop.

And if you don't want your dh anymore, he can come and mop my floors.

thestringcheeseincident Mon 05-Sep-11 08:53:15

Yes you're a mad cowbag. He did good.

But I do get it. DH will do things like start to clean out the garage when we have 6 guests for lunch arriving in an hour and there is crap everywhere inside. He thinks cleaning the garage helps. Sigh.

DraculasMum Mon 05-Sep-11 08:54:05

Yabu and a total bitch. Pregnancy is no excuse to treat your family like slaves

DraculasMum Mon 05-Sep-11 08:54:05

Yabu and a total bitch. Pregnancy is no excuse to treat your family like slaves

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Mon 05-Sep-11 09:00:43

Wow . . . er . . . .just wow!

Your poor husband. You mean woman. Even if he was fast at it that's way more then a couple of hours work. Takes me an hour to hoover my whole house and would take longer to mow the lawn, so that's the 2 hours up already. That's not even including all the little jobs that you are perfectly capable of doing even if you are pregnant and "resting".

I am hoping this is a joke because your message just makes me want to punch you in the face.

BongoWinslow Mon 05-Sep-11 09:02:25

I too find it painful to watch DH clean because he too will move all the furniture to hoover, take 2 hours over it and then collapse... but even so, he still sounds like a saint. And I love that the little ones cooed over all their clothes. At least they clean up!

kitbit Mon 05-Sep-11 09:06:51

Yes, but you're v pregnant so it is allowed grin

missmogwi Mon 05-Sep-11 09:12:44

grin YABU but it is funny.
He sounds great, where can I get me one of those!

RealityVonCrapp Mon 05-Sep-11 09:14:25

thekidsmom Mon 05-Sep-11 09:15:13

Where do I sign up for hiring your DH for a day!

missmogwi Mon 05-Sep-11 09:17:23

I don't know how you cope.
You should put your feet up today.
grin

Fatshionista Mon 05-Sep-11 09:23:03

Yes, you are being unreasonable but if housework takes all day I get annoyed too. Unreasonable, yes but natural for me.

Can I borrow your partner? Mine is an excellent cook but I'm a horrible housekeeper. Swap for a day?

shakey1500 Mon 05-Sep-11 09:24:06

I don't get it. You know YABU, I feel sorry for your dh (not overall per se, but certainly for yesterday). Am I supposed to find it humourous? I suppose there are funny parts but the lengths you've gone to to explain it all here is just...weird. Different senses of humour I guess confused

Can't believe you printed off a list. Although possibly you didn't, it was written on scrap paper but saying you printed it makes it sound so much more "interesting".

All that aside, all the best for a happy latter pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now