Talk

Advanced search

to think there is no "ideal" family size to have regarding social development?

(6 Posts)
StuckInTheMiddleWithYou Sun 04-Sep-11 13:19:26

There have been several threads lately concerning "onlies" and whether being one stunts your social development. There advantages and disadvantages to all family set ups - it's how you cope as a parent that matters in the end.

I thought this sort of thinking went out with spats and crinolines? What's going on?

shock

CompactDisc Sun 04-Sep-11 13:27:09

No idea dear Stuck, but it never really went away, cause went through that myself: "Your family situation will cause social developments in your children yada yada yada". Aye right... you take some you leave some, no right way really to go about it. Let them talk and do your own thing, kids are resilient whatever their background eventually they come into their own.

I wouldnay worry my wee'ead bout it! SMILE!

CD

awkwardsituation101 Sun 04-Sep-11 13:31:08

YANBU I couldn't agree more.

Cocoflower Sun 04-Sep-11 13:34:37

Yes, agree only thing that matters is the parenting.

reallytired Sun 04-Sep-11 13:37:16

Provided the parents are happy the children look after themselves.

I have seven years between my children so ds was an only for seven years.

A big age gap was right for us. I can see advantages in having children close together. Life is what you make of it.

jellybeans208 Sun 04-Sep-11 15:40:09

I think the same and I also think if children didnt get on regardless of age gap it is probably because they werent brought up to be particularly family orientated and nothing to do with age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now