Talk

Advanced search

Aibu

(9 Posts)
ChablisLover Sat 03-Sep-11 21:41:50

To think that if someone felt ill that it is a valid reason not to do something that was previously planned and that the other party should not go into a huff over it?

Dh and I had planned an date night but I feel like shit - sore back head etc etc and he is presently in a big huff as I would rather have a bath and go to bed.

BeerTricksPotter Sat 03-Sep-11 21:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MmmmmCake Sat 03-Sep-11 21:49:26

depends if you are a bit of a hypochondriac with previous for it smile

fedupofnamechanging Sat 03-Sep-11 21:50:31

If you feel ill, then he should want you to do whatever makes you feel better.

I expect he was looking forward to it and is disappointed, but he should think about the fact that you won't have a good time if you feel ill.

create Sat 03-Sep-11 21:50:44

Depends. If a big night out with the girls had been arranged, would you still be going?

Obviously he should just be taking really good care of you though. Hope you feel better soon and that you remember to point out how he behaved when he goes down with it grin

ChablisLover Sat 03-Sep-11 21:55:42

Thanks.

Think if big night out with girls had been planed I wouldn't go.

Am hoping it really is just an under the weather thing and not the start of cold season. The Rudolph the red nosed reindeer look does nothing for me.

Dh is not known for his 'bedside' manner. But he huffs cos he is disappointed and I feel guilty but if I had gone ahead we would still have had a row as my heart or head wouldn't be on it.

NestaFiesta Sat 03-Sep-11 22:09:24

YABU for not using a proper thread title! I hate it when people just put "AIBU" in AIBU! I feel tricked.

Your DH is unreasonable, but just make sure he knows you're genuine so he doesn't think you're trying to get out of your date. Just rearrange. "I am ill today, let's book a table for Saturday instead."

If that doesn't sort him, he is a sulky pain in the bum

Now do proper thread titles! Grrrr.

ChablisLover Sat 03-Sep-11 22:48:49

Sorry about title - couldn't think of how to describe it.

mynewpassion Sun 04-Sep-11 06:07:10

YANBU because you are sick and can't go out.

You said it. He's in a big huff because he's disappointed. So he's not being unreasonable either.

Let him have his huff and you get yourself in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now