Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to fart, burp, and even go to the loo in front of DP

(203 Posts)
StrandedBear Sat 03-Sep-11 16:48:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ExitPursuedByATroll Sat 03-Sep-11 16:50:31

This was done a while ago on here. The opinions were pretty much split down the middle. Some people never fart in front of their family, others have competitions. We are the competitive sort grin

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:04

YANBU - I do it too. It took me a while to do these things in front of him though. A weekend of us both having food poisoning soon sorted that out. Then he saw me be pregnant and give birth so all dignity is lost. grin

GreenEyesandNiceHam Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:28

Each to their own. I NEVER fart in front of husband, nor indeed any other human being over the age of two grin

A ladylike little burp is ok, toilet-ing? No!

iliketeabutprefercoffeetoday Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:41

I normally shut the door when I poo, otherwise it's an open door policy in this house too. I never understand how folk don't fart in there partners company - what if you had wind-inducing food for tea, you'd be in and out the room the whole bloody night.

StrandedBear Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:46

frazzle26 Sat 03-Sep-11 16:51:56

Why would you want to poo in fron of your DH?? Have you got some sort of fetish?? It's not exactly alluring.

PersonalClown Sat 03-Sep-11 16:53:42

Competitions in this house.

The dogs win hands down every time!

grin

birdsofshoreandsea Sat 03-Sep-11 16:53:43

StrandedBear Sat 03-Sep-11 16:53:57

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Sat 03-Sep-11 16:54:41

I don't think it's a case of wanting to Frazzle!

I don't exactly invite mine in for a front row seat but if he happens to walk by I don't scramble to hide.

CornflowerB Sat 03-Sep-11 16:54:42

I would draw the line at pooing - everything else ok with immediate family.

HeidiHole Sat 03-Sep-11 16:56:57

YANBU

We fart in front of each other, i'll have a wee while he is brushing his teeth and once had to do a poo when he was in the shower!

He is my husband. I love him, he loves me, we are totally comfortable with each other

PamBeesly Sat 03-Sep-11 16:56:58

YANBU I think its normal, its a bodily function like yawning, I also do all my business no matter where he is. However, there was none of that business in my family when I was growing up. Different horses for different courses

TidyDancer Sat 03-Sep-11 16:58:14

I don't poo in front of DP, and I wouldn't particularly want to see him poo either! I don't mind farts that aren't gratuitous, burping doesn't bother me remotely.

nickelbabe Sat 03-Sep-11 16:59:12

exactly - it's a normal, perfectly human thing to do, and there's no point hiding it.
I don't poo in front of DH by choice, but sometimes there's no way round it.
like eg: i've gone to the toilet and pushed the door shut, but it's swung open again.
or He's talking to me through the door when I'm in the bathroom and then i need a poo, the door is open (or again, swings open! - you have to push it right shut to stop it swinging open (and i never shut the door with the latch because I worry i'll get stuck in the bathroom)
and sometimes the cat opens it and comes in. hmm

farting is fine, i'm not leaving the room everytime I need to fart!

sjuperwolef Sat 03-Sep-11 16:59:12

fart burp pee poo the lot he even comes and pees when im in the shower and we have a natter grin as he so lovingly puts in when he is stinking out the bedroom ''its nature''!

KeepingUpWithTheCojones Sat 03-Sep-11 17:02:20

Farting, burping and weeing fine. Pooing only when absolutely necessary (like when we were on holiday and the bathroom didn't have a door hmm or, i guess this counts, the time I shat myself on holiday grin).

It used to bother me that he could hear me poo, but a magnificant episode of delhi belly (with DP singing his specially composed 'diarrhoea' song outside the bathroom in solidarity) relaxed me somewhat.

NeedToSleepZZZ Sat 03-Sep-11 17:07:49

YANBU, but, before moving to our new place with an en suite my OH seemed to always need a poo when I'd just got into a lovely bath, that was definitely being unreasonable.
I don't mind doing anything in front of OH, he even saw the clot I passed the day after giving birth as I was freaking out about it. Sorry did I over share?

mankymink Sat 03-Sep-11 17:08:38

If I feel a fart coming on I don't exactly ramp it up for effect but I don't hold it in either.

Pooing I personally prefer the door closed - it's the aftermath that's potentially more embarrassing but what's he gonna do?

Weeing I couldn't care less, although I close the door over anyway because I look fat when I sit on the loo, which I personally find more embarrassing blush

pigletmania Sat 03-Sep-11 17:09:18

I would hate to go to the loo in front of dh or anybody. Would rather close the door and poo or piss in peace.

SardineQueen Sat 03-Sep-11 17:09:47

Farting weeing and burping all with gay abandon in this house. Farts are considered quite amusing unless they pong, and I would draw the line at competitions and pride in making emissions louder than need be.

Pooing no but would if there was no alternative grin

I also don't understand the leaving the room to fart thing. Sometimes I get pretty windy - it seems to be worse since having children. He'd wonder what on earth was going on if I were up and down every two mins to go and fart in the hall or whatever. Seems a bit odd to me.

FabbyChic Sat 03-Sep-11 17:12:16

Was with the kids dad ten years, never farted, burped or went to the toilet in front of him.

Once you start doing that it shows you now longer have respect for each other.

They do say familiarity breeds contempt, and it does.

eurochick Sat 03-Sep-11 17:12:50

We've been together for 8 years and have never deliberately farted or burped in front of one another (we have had the odd accident where one has slipped out or we have farted in our sleep). We've certainly never used the loo in front of one another. Although you tend to get sound effects from the bathroom - we live in a new build and the walls are not v thick!

eurochick Sat 03-Sep-11 17:14:21

I meant to say I don't understand the "holding it in is uncomfortable" argument. What do these people do at work/in a restaurant/at the theatre/on the train? Everyone should be able to hold it in until a convenient moment (like a visit to the loo).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now