Talk

Advanced search

to think they could be more discreet in their (usually) nightime activities?

(15 Posts)

Spiders, just casually strolling around my house as if they own the bloody place! Sitting in my bath (how do they get in there?) when i need a shower, and sitting 3 feet away from me when im trying to watch a film and i end up watching the monsterous spider instead. And the second i take my eyes away it vanishes. Why is it always the massive ones that come out?

Am I really being that unreasonable to think that if they absolutely insist on being spiders they could at least be discreet about it!?!

ledkr Sat 03-Sep-11 08:28:59

I refuse to contribute to this thread as i posted on the other one and 3 damn spiders came into my 7 yr spider free bedroom,so no i think they are all lovely and can go about their business <checks around the room nervously>

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Sat 03-Sep-11 09:19:22

Eeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!

DirtyDessert Sat 03-Sep-11 09:30:28

The are in the bath about to shave their legs with your razor! Have you seen how hairy they are!!!!! Now you know why it gets blunt so quickly.......grin

WhoseGotMyEyebrows Sat 03-Sep-11 09:41:20

They come out while you are watching tv because it's the vibrations of moving about that keeps them hidden. So to watch telly without spider interruptions you need to jog on the spot or somehing.

wishiwasholdingaachinegun Sat 03-Sep-11 09:45:40

I saw one walking around my kitchen with a mug of tea.

They don't even bother asking any more.

sad

grin mug of tea

shock i always wondered about my razor! And now i know . . . .

<half shudders and pisses self at thought of spiders sat in the bath shaving its legs>

TalcAndTurnips Sat 03-Sep-11 10:17:07

Does anybody else have tube web spiders? They have the temerity to set up home in little gaps in brickwork - they spin a fine network of trip-wires around their hole and sit there, legs all tucked, black and hairy, waiting for their unsuspecting prey.

If you blow gently on the trip-wires, sometimes they shoot out for a look around. We have loads - due, so I believe, to living in a port where lots of fruit is imported from exotic climes. The tube-web spiders are illegal stowaways - they are spreading further afield, too.

supersewer Sat 03-Sep-11 10:21:12

The spiders I can live with, but the mouse calmly watching tv with me last night was too much...

Callisto Sat 03-Sep-11 10:27:09

They get into the bath and sinks because they are thirsty. I really don't get all the hysteria about spiders. They don't harm you and they keep your house bug free. They are the most amazing engineers and come in a huge variety of shapes, colours and specialities. What's not to like?

SeymoreButts Sat 03-Sep-11 10:29:33

I really don't mind spiders, we have a resident one on the kitchen window, he's been there for ages and eats flies which I find far more irritating. Although he doesn't eat the whole fly and I have to clear up the bits that get dropped. <boak>
But we are moving to Oz in November and I am more than a bit worried about whitetails, they roam about the house at night and are venomous. Funnelwebs and redbacks prefer to be outdoors apparently. <shudders>

syrupfairy Sat 03-Sep-11 10:44:54

callisto i used to say the same thing and though i still dont get the hysteria they can hurt you! i got bitten by one a few eeks ago it was very painful and my arm was extremely swollen for days!!!! it wa a big shock to me i have to say i now still admire them but give them a little more respect now !!

Sleepglorioussleep Sat 03-Sep-11 10:48:20

Knowing they're kind and helpful is not the same as feeling it! They're everywhere ATM, time for a conker collecting trip...

Oh don't get me wrong, I know they're helpful, I just wish they wouldn't be so obvious.

How do they get in the bath though? That's what I want to know!

auntpetunia Sat 03-Sep-11 16:52:22

Bloody open this thread and what appears in the corner of my bloody huge spider..... Wandering round my kitchen happy as Larry...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now