Talk

Advanced search

to be seriously worried about DS(5)

(15 Posts)
Belini Sat 03-Sep-11 00:09:07

He has been crying since about 9ish I have been through to him and had him through to the lounge to try and find out what's wrong. He says there is nothing wrong but surely noone can cry for 3 hours when there is nothing wrong. I am really getting worried now any suggestions?

FabbyChic Sat 03-Sep-11 00:10:08

Is he in pain?

AmberLeaf Sat 03-Sep-11 00:10:56

Is he worried about starting/going back to school?

Has he seen or heard something that he found scary/worrying?

ll31 Sat 03-Sep-11 00:11:05

has he just started school - is he overtired from this or soemthing? Maybe check he's no rash/temperature etc and then maybe see can you get him to lie down in bed and hopefully fall asleep... sorry no better ideas

InnocentRedhead Sat 03-Sep-11 00:12:04

It does seem strange, but my DSD (2) has done this in the past for 8 hours solid. Can't offer any solutions, just monitor it i suppose, and make sure he stays hydrated, as he could get hot and bothered crying...

I don't think a 5YO would lie about nothing being wrong, just try to stay unconcerned, however hard and frustrating it is. Sorry if that doesn't help

shelfy74 Sat 03-Sep-11 00:12:35

Poor DS. I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, sorry I don't have any advice.

beautifulswan Sat 03-Sep-11 00:14:42

Can only suggest cuddles on lap on sofa, hot milk and a mummy chat. Start off about anything and see if he opens up.

Belini Sat 03-Sep-11 00:15:13

Not in pain first thing I asked also says no to being upset about school and me, his brothers, dad, grandparents. Is not thirsty, hungry or angry. [Confused]

FabbyChic Sat 03-Sep-11 00:20:05

Is he scared of going to sleep? Has he recently had nightmares?

grovel Sat 03-Sep-11 00:21:08

Take him to bed (his) and fall asleep next to him.

worraliberty Sat 03-Sep-11 00:28:25

Log out and spend some time with him

Who knows what's wrong but I'm sure a cuddle will make him feel much better

HerHissyness Sat 03-Sep-11 00:39:47

Poor wee thing!

cuddles, lots of them, and tell him it's OK. try to get him to describe how he's feeling.

Belini Sat 03-Sep-11 08:38:57

well he finally dropped off at two. This morning he says he wasn't crying and doesn't remember talking to me, so I'm thinking this was a case of night terrors. Which also means I was wasting my time talking to him cause he wasn't actually awake. Thankyou to those who replied.

ragged Sat 03-Sep-11 09:08:19

What a pain. DS3 is prone to hysterical crying when over-tired. Hope you can catch a nap today.

SmethwickBelle Sat 03-Sep-11 09:12:25

I'd say you're right about the night terrors - I wish I'd seen this - my DS1 has night terrors once or twice a month and sometimes it is just like this - zoned out and sobbing quietly, other times screaming in terror (but not really with it).

Always weird and unsettling, they never remember it. Hope you have a quiet night tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now