Talk

Advanced search

in wanting to tell ALWAYS to shove BEAUTIFUL sanitary towels up their backside

(29 Posts)
kerrymumbles Fri 02-Sep-11 22:18:22

ffs.

breatheslowly Fri 02-Sep-11 22:25:05

I would have thought they would chafe. If you are ok with that then YANBU.

biddysmama Fri 02-Sep-11 22:25:44

i dont think you are using them right.....

worraliberty Fri 02-Sep-11 22:26:34

You really need to read the instructions shock

Minshu Fri 02-Sep-11 22:26:52

yanbu

made for being bled on - of course we need the art work... hmm

Birdsgottafly Fri 02-Sep-11 22:26:58

I like Always products, including the sented ones, which i know are unpopular on here.

My DD, 15, can bleed daily (PCOS), she has to wear different types, her loss can be horrendous, 'Always' products suit her. Its that or fill her body full of hormones, which could mean she won't ever ovulate naturally. Not everyone has a trouble free period once every 28 days. You can even get them in the discount type shops.

NettleTea Fri 02-Sep-11 22:28:37

you dont want to hear about my hand dyed organic velour washable pads then.......wink

MrsDBouquetVAMOSRAFA Fri 02-Sep-11 22:30:02

YANBU.

I think they are one of the most uncomfortable things known to womankind.

I don't care how thin they are or how many wings they have.

carpwidow Fri 02-Sep-11 22:30:04

You have shocked me Minshu. I've spent so many days pouring blue dye on them - I thought that is what they were for! Where can I pour my blue dye now?

carpwidow Fri 02-Sep-11 22:30:55

<<ridiculously chuckling to self that to find this thread I have to click "I'm on!!">>

shakey1500 Fri 02-Sep-11 22:33:26

YABU- fine and dandy for me, being one who can't actually tolerate sanitary wear up their nethers smile

RhinestoneCowgirl Fri 02-Sep-11 22:34:54

Are they the ones with swirly patterns on? If so YANBU

Had to buy some as came on unexpectedly on holiday and they were on offer, asked DH at the time wtf was the point if they were only going to get all bloody.

kerrymumbles Fri 02-Sep-11 23:09:33

have you lot not seen the new commercials?

telling us they are going to help us to have a BEAUTIFUL period because they have painted colors (which will most likely cause thrush) on their towels?

kerrymumbles Fri 02-Sep-11 23:10:52

of course everyone has seen THIS in response to their "Have a happy Period" campaign....

HeadfirstForHalos Fri 02-Sep-11 23:11:42

I said that to dh when the ad was on last night. What is the point in pretty sanitary products, they aren't going to stay pretty for long!

As for "Have a happy period"...

InnocentRedhead Fri 02-Sep-11 23:12:04

I don't get the need for artwork so YANBU and i will join you in telling Always to shove their pretty pads up their shiny pink arses.

What happened to 'Have a Happy Period'?

InnocentRedhead Fri 02-Sep-11 23:13:54

In all seriousness, i reckon that the artwork thing could be aimed at those just starting their periods... Girls are starting younger and younger so it could be to try and capture the younger audience

Xposted with that article, reading now...

HeadfirstForHalos Fri 02-Sep-11 23:15:00

Kerrymumbles I have read that before but the pleasure of reading this bit again especially cheered me up

"If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer"

Flisspaps Fri 02-Sep-11 23:15:55

I think the 'artwork' looks somewhat like a fanjo outline.

piprabbit Fri 02-Sep-11 23:16:09

I only recently realised that I am actually allergic to Always towels (I assumed that the awful itching was my fault somehow blush and just soldiered on for years). I think someone on MN said something about them having an allergy and I had a lightbulb moment.

I now use Bodyform (complete with wings grin) and don't get the allergic reaction anymore. Plus Bodyform give me useless lovely gifts. My 7yo DD has more flat little tins than she knows what to do with ATM.

kerrymumbles Fri 02-Sep-11 23:17:14

grin @ put down the hammer!

i use these cotton, natural ones. don't get much thrush anymore.

HeadfirstForHalos Fri 02-Sep-11 23:18:53

I can't hear/read the word "Bodyform"and not get "whooooooaaaaah, body-fooorm" stuck in my head grin

InnocentRedhead Fri 02-Sep-11 23:20:42

piprabbit You have just made me realise i could be allergic... I used to get the awful itching and redness during my period which i always thought was thrush, but looked like Nappy rash, TMI but even had DP rub sudocrem into me down there...

Anyway, i have not itched down there in, ooooh, must be four months... the coincidence is, I am four months pregnant... And before I used Always. Definitely be using something else after baby...

piprabbit Fri 02-Sep-11 23:22:27

I'd rather have an earworm than an itchy fanjo grin.

piprabbit Fri 02-Sep-11 23:23:26

Innocent - my job here is done...

and congratulations on your pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now