Talk

Advanced search

Tubal Ligation

(7 Posts)
Scavo Fri 02-Sep-11 17:48:46

Hey everyone..
Just looking for your thoughts/experiences/views on tubal ligation.. Had TL a week ago, all went fine and recovering well, though am still tender etc but on the mend really..
Know a few people who have had it done and opinions vary.. some were fine and some advised against it..
So what lies in store for me? Any information/advice/knowledge??

Happymm Fri 02-Sep-11 17:51:53

Umm...shouldn't you have asked these questions BEFORE you had it done confused

TheOriginalFAB Fri 02-Sep-11 17:53:18

You might get more response in health.

Vajazzler Fri 02-Sep-11 17:56:19

I had this done during my last c-section birth 2 yrs ago. I am convinced that it was the right think for me as i am very fertile but thanks to my previous naivety i ended up with 5 c-sections therefore could not risk having any more.
As long as you are sure that your family is complete then is a good choice of contraception.

Scavo Fri 02-Sep-11 17:58:48

was out of options really contraception wise.. cant take pill, mirena didnt agree wit me.. DH phobic about vasectomy.. and am tired of panicking every month if im a day late!!! Have beautiful Ds And DD, dont want any more kids.. Just wanted to be prepared for whatever is in store now ya know?

Vajazzler Fri 02-Sep-11 19:11:44

Tbh i had no side effects. I had it done during a section and recovered from the whole thing with no issues. 2 years on and i have no problems.

bedheadz Fri 02-Sep-11 19:32:08

I had mine done a six years ago, I would say my periods are heavier and more painful now and i get pains were in my paranoid mind the clips are. But my periods may have got heavier naturally not sure tbh.

Not having to worry about pregnancy is great though. I couldn't take the pill as it gave me morning sickness, we had a split condom and morning after pill and nine mths later ds arrived.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now