Talk

Advanced search

Very silly question about cow costume (part 2 - sorry!)

(2 Posts)
lecce Fri 02-Sep-11 14:12:18

A few days ago I was reassured by some very kind MNetters that it was fine to let my 4yr old go to a party (tomorrow) in a very, ahem, creative costume that he has designed himself. I have done as advised and made him a lovely mask to go with it and made a few tweaks and it actually looks ok now.

But, I've had a sudden panic because it is covered in washable paint so if he gets wet it could run! I am having horrible visions of spilt drinks and him bounding over to a pristine white sofa covered in wet black and white paint hmm.

AIBU to let him wear it or do we need to manically dsah around sourcing a cow outfit at this late stage? (I'm not an arty person - he clearly takes after me- and it took everything I had to make that mask, don' t think I have it in me to make a whole new costume!)

Help!

itisnearlysummer Fri 02-Sep-11 14:16:17

I haven't read the other thread but am inferring that this is some kind of children's fancy dress party at someone's house.

In this case, I would say that the host of the party has responsibility for protecting their furniture. They gave you a brief, you followed it. Unless they said "no washable paint should be used" then stop worrying about it.

Let him go and enjoy the party. (and if it does ruin their white sofas - should they have them - then that will be a lesson learnt for them! grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now