Talk

Advanced search

..to not want to go into work tomorrow and not know why?

(7 Posts)
LikeACandleButNotQuite Fri 02-Sep-11 00:48:15

Am awake, and have been since 6am. Wide awake. I can't sleep, and have been trying a while. 24 weeks gone, and baby is dancing around, having a party.

Every now and again I get a bowt of insomnia, and spend the whole night trying to sleep. I havent felt like this since getting pg, and there's really nothing troubling me. Im due at work at 7am, and expected to be there til 5, and I KNOW i'll be no good on no sleep.

AIBU to call in sick? My job is a 24hour industry with very strict 'calling in sick" procedures, so if I call in, it would have to be in the middle of the night.

Please reassure me that Im not totally U for just wanting to rest?

Birdsgottafly Fri 02-Sep-11 01:12:13

YANU for wanting to rest, but only phone in sick if you raelly need to, as you don't know how much time off you will need later into your pegnancy.

Would it be better if you went in but said you were feeling dizzy etc, so could leave early?

AuntiePickleBottom Fri 02-Sep-11 01:21:26

www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/moneyandworkentitlements/workandfamilies/dg_10026556

treating days off sick due to pregnancy as a disciplinary issue

your boss has not got a leg to stand on, if you need to go on sick go on sick

LikeACandleButNotQuite Fri 02-Sep-11 01:50:11

I've gone in unwell before (pre-preg) and have never been able to just leave....I usually feel guilted into staying, even if it means barely being awake at my desk.

I don't ring in sick as a rule, and feel guilty for it even when literally bed-ridden, so feel like as I am thinking this way tonight, I must really need to be off iyswim?

Sigh. Had a warm bath and a bit of toast. Will try and get some sleep.

CheshireDing Fri 02-Sep-11 05:12:48

Hate to tell you from my experience it gets better for a bit then I am only getting a few hours sleep here and then, which is broken. I am 34 weeks pregnant and feel like giving up on any sleep after 10pm-3am at the moment, I am always awake from then on and then panicky because I have to get up for work at 6am.

Someone told me that at least it prepares you for when the baby turns up (trying to see it in a good way).

I have no advice, sorry. I will be going for a Starbucks this morning smile

LikeACandleButNotQuite Fri 02-Sep-11 07:40:22

thanks *chesire. managed 4am-7am sleep, grrrrr! think this is the start of the dreaded 'lack of sleep' that comes with pregnancy / new baby .... am gonna have to go back to napping as and when I can, I think (shame grin).

Mmmmm, hope Starbucks get their gingerbread lattes back in for winter soon

porcamiseria Fri 02-Sep-11 08:43:35

yabu, save it for when you feel ill

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now