Advanced search

Can we have a zombie apocalypse AIBU?

(84 Posts)
UsingMainlySpoons Thu 01-Sep-11 22:20:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeerTricksPotter Thu 01-Sep-11 22:36:28

SarahStratton Thu 01-Sep-11 22:41:53

Elnett's a good idea. I was going to take a petrol can and use empty beer bottles after Id finished with them .

BeerTricksPotter Thu 01-Sep-11 22:45:51

RedRubyBlue Thu 01-Sep-11 22:51:59

In this particular case I would consult page 33 of 'The Zombie Attack Survival Guide'

'Take what you need from the undead as they wil not care as they nom down on your brain'

Get all the broomsticks/mops and some duct tape and strap paring knives to them so you can stab the feckers through the eyes from a safe distance.

Destroy the brain.

UsingMainlySpoons Thu 01-Sep-11 22:53:34

RedRubyBlue Thu 01-Sep-11 22:53:40

BTW, sorry if you have to do this to Grandma or Great Aunt Mildred. The oldies are very feisty.

itisnearlysummer Thu 01-Sep-11 23:11:58

I'm taking my guidance from Max Brooks The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead.

Just remember UsingMainlySpoons that if you are required to defend yourself during tea bag gathering that "the severed head of a zombie is still able to bite and must be regarded as a threat".

Wouldn't want you to get caught out.

Rowena8482 Thu 01-Sep-11 23:34:52

YABU in that your carefully prepared Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit should have contained enough teabags to see you through at least six years worth of cuppas! And where is your trenching tool? no that's not a euphemism for DH, doesn't anyone take Survival seriously anymore? Ray Mears never has these problems!

babycham42 Thu 01-Sep-11 23:38:22

YANBU if you trade the teabags for a fresh supply of cats brains.

UsingMainlySpoons Fri 02-Sep-11 00:11:24

CoffeeDog Fri 02-Sep-11 08:37:04

i have always felt i would do quite well, should there be a Zombie Apocalypse.....

I have a large shovel and a bat... just in case ;)

StrandedBear Fri 02-Sep-11 08:40:21

Tortington Fri 02-Sep-11 08:45:22

to be quite honest, i am reporting this to mumsnet, i can't believe there is a witchunt against zombies, and i;m sick to death of it

mumsnet has changed recently, i wish it was like the good old days, but these says all you seem to get is zombie haters. I bet you give to charities and proclaim yourself 'liberal' yet you come on here and spout anti zombie rhetoric all the time. just not cricket my friend, just not cricket.

Tortington Fri 02-Sep-11 08:46:28

btw if they were tesco own brand, don't bother. I only raid houses in walking distance of waitrose.

plupervert Fri 02-Sep-11 10:50:06

What about "AIBU to think that MNHQ should continue "broadcasting" during the emergency?"

UsingMainlySpoons Fri 02-Sep-11 11:11:33

heleninahandcart Fri 02-Sep-11 12:25:19

Carrier pigeons are the standby but YABVU if you think they don't eat cats brains.

limitedperiodonly Fri 02-Sep-11 12:39:23

The pigeons round here wouldn't be any good because most of them have no feet, just stumps. Any message would probably fall off.

NevermindtheNargles Fri 02-Sep-11 12:46:56

How do you propose to get over there? You should be upstairs and you should have destroyed your staircase. If you aren't taking the proper precautions you and your family are going to be more zombies for the rest of us to deal with very soon.

YABU and selfish.

NevermindtheNargles Fri 02-Sep-11 12:46:58

How do you propose to get over there? You should be upstairs and you should have destroyed your staircase. If you aren't taking the proper precautions you and your family are going to be more zombies for the rest of us to deal with very soon.

YABU and selfish.

SarahStratton Fri 02-Sep-11 13:03:01

You should have relocated your family to HMS Mumsnet by now. We're not going to sit in the docks waiting forever you know. Forget the teabags and get moving.

But if you get bitten, we don't want you. Ok.

CubiksRube Fri 02-Sep-11 13:16:28

YABU!

She has probably been drolling and bleeding all over those teabags.

Just like an MNetter to be zombified via a Nice Cup of Tea.

plupervert Fri 02-Sep-11 14:40:36

So if HMS Mumsnet is the new, secure location, it's a good thing MNers are most densely concentrated in the UK, as surely HMS MN won't be able to broadcast far inland enough to catch Continental listeners. Or will the ionosphere bounce our emergency short-wave internet around the world, and save all far-flung Mumsnetters? How widespread is this zombie thing, anyway?

UsingMainlySpoons Fri 02-Sep-11 15:54:03

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now