Talk

Advanced search

to have unceremoniously put my DS3 aged 3.6 fully clothed in the bath?

(53 Posts)
PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:29:40

All day has been One Epic Struggle.
Won't bore you with the details, just the usual toddler unreasonableness.

So, tonight, when trying to get him into the bath was threatening to turn into a wrestling match, I just picked him up and sat him in it. In joggers, pants and t-shirt. He was majorly not impressed. DH thinks I am losing it grin.

I calmly walked away and got DS4.
I then read DS3 his story, he had his milk (still likes it) and we spoke about it. I can't wait to see if he will be slightly more cooperative tomorrow.

TrillianAstra Thu 01-Sep-11 21:30:06

It'd be more unreasonable if you concocted a ceremony around it.

Georgimama Thu 01-Sep-11 21:30:11

YANBU.

OddBoots Thu 01-Sep-11 21:30:44

Sounds fair enough to me.

PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:30:54

Trillian grin.

No time for ceremonies here.

BertieBotts Thu 01-Sep-11 21:32:10

I would probably have done that as well blush and then immediately regretted it as would have had dripping clothes to deal with!

Would be a bit hmm at DH saying you had lost it though. If he thought you were that stressed he could have stepped in and given you a break!

onemoreminute Thu 01-Sep-11 21:32:36

yanbu at all if your dh thinks your losing it ask for more help .

onebigchocolatemess Thu 01-Sep-11 21:33:47

nice! Will tuck that one away when the occasion arises grin

mummynoseynora Thu 01-Sep-11 21:33:56

I do recall doing similar last year when dd would have been that age! says it all my end grin

Sidge Thu 01-Sep-11 21:34:01

Yup, done that before with DD3.

Only the once though. Pavlov would be proud grin

sittinginthesun Thu 01-Sep-11 21:34:32

YANBU - have also done exactly the same thing in the past.

PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:36:00

Ah, yes, 'help' - what is this thing you are speaking of, onemoreminute?

DH had just come home from work and kind of walked in on this scene without any context. He is more of a shouter when things get fraught - I hate shouting (doesn't work and just makes me feel crap), more of a doer.

Bertie, wet clothes needed a wash anyway so are in the washing machine as we speak.

PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:36:36

Sidge, see that's the effect I am hoping for grin.

ChippingIn Thu 01-Sep-11 21:36:42

It's one of those 'know your child' actions though isn't it - I know plenty who would think it great fun!! grin

As yours didn't - hopefully he'll be less... ummm... 'trying' next bath time!

YADNBU

NeatFreak Thu 01-Sep-11 21:36:44

Funnily enough, last night my 3yo ds wouldn't take his clothes off to get in the shower so I plonked him in with his top and pants on (I'd asked him at least five times and he is capable of doing it). He wasn't impressed and I lifted him back out. We then had a giggle about it, talked about doing what is asked and had a big long cuddle.
This morning I asked him to take his pyjamas off as I left the room. When I came back in two minutes later he had taken them off grin

festi Thu 01-Sep-11 21:38:51

love it, anything that keeps you saine.

I once accidently tripped over a toy and launched a whole extremely large glass of red wine over dd and dn, who were both around 2 yrs old at the time. My whole family where around and everyones jaws hit the floor dd and dn where absolutly drenched in red wine blush, I couldnt move for what sedemed like an age, untill my dsis suddenly ran and stripped them both off before laughing to break the ice. Now that is shocking grin

festi Thu 01-Sep-11 21:40:59

I thought you had done this absent mindedly, my comment seems a bit hmm now.

hairypotter Thu 01-Sep-11 21:42:04

I tried that with dd2 when she was smaller. She loved it angry and still keeps asking if I will chuck her in again.

This was 5 years ago when she was 3... Still keeps asking

PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:42:30

Chipping, he most definitely did NOT find it funny - that possibility had not even occured to me.

I have lived through the threenager stage 2x already, but, my goodness, this one is something else!
And the language... blush - he has far too much exposure to older boys (not just my own) who now take pleasure in teaching him Bad Words because it is oh so funny when he says them hmm.
Shame a dunk in the bath won't fix that

festi, shame about a good glass of wine

Fontsnob Thu 01-Sep-11 21:43:41

grin at festi OP you are not BU

PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:43:52

festi, grin, oh no, I noticed, you bet I did, I enjoyed every second of it!
Particularly the walking out of the room and leaving DH to strip him and wash him

NorksAreMessy Thu 01-Sep-11 21:45:53

I once threw a spoonful of mashed potato at DD because she said it had lumps in it

NorksAreMessy Thu 01-Sep-11 21:46:27

She thought it was hilarious and wanted me to do it again grin

PacificDogwood Thu 01-Sep-11 21:52:50

Norks, it hadn't even occured to me that he might find it funny, but after reading some of the experiences on here, I feel quite relieved that he didn't.

I don't think I have ever thrown anything at any of mine, not in anger anyway... yet grin.

dribbleface Thu 01-Sep-11 21:55:10

might have to try that with DS although i think he would find it amusing?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now